Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
National Champion? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who is your National Champion?
Alabama 18 38.30%
Michigan 17 36.17%
Georgia 11 23.40%
Cincinnati 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Wallhanger

I don't know how Saban will cope with that. Every assistant he has had has gone on to try and beat him over the years. Aren't to many that have managed to do it. According to your story the kid is the OC so stopping Sabans offense won't be on him. But, they gotta get past Georgia first anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2021, 02:18 PM
Wallhanger

I think Cinci will stick around but ultimately fall to bama.

I think michigan matches up just fine with Georgia. I think michigans offense has gotten slightly better and GA's defense is just a bit better. I think it will be a single digit margin either way but I'm a michigan man so I'm picking michigan. flying high off the championship and GA may be doubting themselves just a bit.

If its bama/Ga again I think GA wins. If its Mich/Bama I think bama wins.

Michigans hope lies in everyone thinking osu would just mop the floor with them like they did MSU and that osu was the only team in the country that could compete with GA.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Wallhanger

OSU wasn't mopping the floor with anybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidedfishing View Post
Until they have a true playoff with a team coming from each of the major NCAA conferences this really does not mean much. its better than nothing, but still a joke when teams are chosen.
A system that would force an inadequate team in a from a conference just so they have a representative is not a true playoff either when if means better teams will have to sit home. Further, many potential high draft picks will opt out of a larger multi-game tourney as the risk of injury or one bad game could hurt their draft stock.
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 12-06-2021, 03:55 PM
Minnow

I'm standing by my SEC championship pick, Georgia....I don't think they will play as poorly as they did (partially due to how well Alabama played though) if Ga. And Bama meet again...I would love to see Michigan represent the big ten in a winning way, but I don't see Michigan or Cindy knocking off either of these two SEC teams...jmo.

Last edited by Cutting Edge Official; 12-06-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
OSU wasn't mopping the floor with anybody.

um..ahh....they let the nation in scoring and matched alabama in points allowed a game...they mopped the floor with plenty and were easily one of the favorites to win it all the 2nd half of the season.

Micah
Old 12-06-2021, 04:25 PM
Wallhanger

And yet they aren't in the play-off.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:35 PM
Wallhanger

I'd love to see Cincy win, but I can't really imagine it happening. Do I think it will be an absolute blow out? No, because I think Saban will throttle back to save some for the next game.

I'm not a Harbaugh fan. And while I would like to see a non-SEC team win, I just don't see it happening. Georgia wins this game.

Which brings us to the National Championship. I thought Georgia was a better team all year long. And it is very difficult to win two in a row against a rival, especially in a short time. But I won't bet against Saban. My money would be on Bama.

And as far as a largely expanded playoff? I used to be very much in favor of it. But this isn't the NFL. There really isn't any parity in College Football. There is a HUGE drop off from the top couple of teams, to say the 6th best. If you had a 8 or 16 team playoff, the majority of the games would have the same problem as the regular season has - the games would not be competitive. Maybe more so as additional top players would opt out in fear of injury, but the top teams don't just have an advantage of talent in their starters, their bench is often deeper than the lower seeded teams starters would be. So, I am sad to say, that I am changing my opinion on an expanded playoff.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
And yet they aren't in the play-off.

you said they weren't mopping the floor with anyone, i showed you they were indeed mopping the floor all season long minus 2 games. I'm not sure what not being in the playoff has to do with anything. lots of really good teams are not in the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Keeper

Michigan has stayed healthy this year, mostly because of a pretty weak schedule. Their first 3/4 of the year was powder puff; they played one ranked team in that period and lost to them. Listening to Michigan brag was a bit like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer brags about how well he is doing in his karate class :-)

Likewise Cincinnati. Easy bulk of schedule with the exception of ND.

Georgia and Alabama have been battle tested and bear the scars of a hard season, especially Georgia. Injuries are going to be hard on Georgia, but I think they will beat Michigan. Georgia is coming into the game pissed. Michigan is coming into the game surprised to be there.

Alabama over Cincinnati, 28 to 17 (I hate Alabama)
Georgia over Michigan, 17 to 10
Alabama over Georgia 31 to 13 (insert wretching sounds here)