Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sonic Hub Problem - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Slot Fish

Default Sonic Hub Problem

My Sonic Hub worked fine all last summer. This spring it says my IPod is not connected. It will send power and charge the Ipod in the dock but will not reconize it. The Hub works fine in the AM and FM mode. I removed the dock from the Hub and plugged in direct to the Hub with USB plug, still nothing. Read about not using the yellow wire for wake up so changed it and tied it to the red wire. Radio works still no Ipod. I saw where you needed update for Gen2. I have no Gen2, have Gen1 HDS8,and Gen1 HDS7. Checked my networks and did not have the software update 10.2337. Checked the Lowrance web sight under Sonic Hub, said ther is no update for that unit. Checked the web for Sonic Hub update and found instructions for the update. Says to click on update and continues with additional instructions. My computer, my sons computer or my Ipad will not connect to Lowrance on that link. But I did get a survey from Lowrance asking me how I enjoyed my visit to their web site? (About as much as I enjoy their product not working!) Any body got any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

So am I reading you correctly that you don't have the current Sonic Hub version (10.2337) ?

If so, the update for that version can be found at this page:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Softwa...ates/SonicHub/

This is the direct link to the ZIP file for the firmware:
ftp://software.lowrance.com/SonicHub...te_10.2337.zip

Keeping in mind that you should also have the most recent version of the HDS software as well (4.1.36.68). In case you don't, here's the page:
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Softwa...ftware-Update/

and the direct link to the firmware (199mb file):
ftp://software.lowrance.com/HDS_4.1....ator_Files.zip

Of course remember to extract all the files of the SonicHub update ZIP file to a blank memory stick before placing them in the hub, and then run the upgrade through the HDS. Instructions are on the web page.

I had no issue locating or downloading the files on Windows 7 with Firefox - or with Linux running Firefox. Hope all goes well for you.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Slot Fish

lowtech,

Thank you for your response. Tried the link, software.lowrance.com/, that you posted. The response I get is, "lowrance.com is currently online, but is not responding to connection attemps at this time". Looks like I am in big trouble. Spent two weeks trying the last HDS update off the computer and ending up ordering a chip for $20 that a distributer was selling. I have 4.1.36.56.270 and not the 4.1.36.68. It is too bad that these companies think everyone is an IT expert and what is necessary to keep the product working. My quess is I will spent another day off or more trying to get this **** thing running and I should not have too. I alredy spent one. If my TV or truck was like this I never would own another one like it. I will keep on trying. I was a one time defender of Lowrance but I think I will be coming off that list. I should have learned after I bought an XOG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigiver View Post
lowtech,

Thank you for your response. Tried the link, software.lowrance.com/, that you posted. The response I get is, "lowrance.com is currently online, but is not responding to connection attemps at this time". Looks like I am in big trouble. Spent two weeks trying the last HDS update off the computer and ending up ordering a chip for $20 that a distributer was selling. I have 4.1.36.56.270 and not the 4.1.36.68. It is too bad that these companies think everyone is an IT expert and what is necessary to keep the product working. My quess is I will spent another day off or more trying to get this **** thing running and I should not have too. I alredy spent one. If my TV or truck was like this I never would own another one like it. I will keep on trying. I was a one time defender of Lowrance but I think I will be coming off that list. I should have learned after I bought an XOG.
IT troubles happen to everyone, and especially the big boys that are allowing downloading to the mass public from their servers. I can't tell you how many low-lifes are out there banging away at every computer on the internet trying to get in and cause problems. Lowrance may have mirrors set up that will take over, hopefully soon. Either way, like I said, it happens.

Another option, if you have one close, is to take your HDS into a Cabelas/Scheels. I know that the Scheels here in WI will update your HDS for no cost to the current software. All you need to do is take the head unit, they'll hook it up to a demo station and transfer the files into it for you. I believe they'll do it with HB units also. You can get the HDS up to date, and ask if they might be able to download the SonicHub update for you.

All else fails, give Lowrance a call - let someone in tech support know that they've got issues with their FTP server. I'd bet that they're probably very aware of it, but on some off chance that they aren't they pay folks to keep that thing running - time to put them to work!

Like I've said before, these finders are no longer simple sonar units - these things are computers, and like it or not they're only going to get worse. Sometimes it's a pain in the paws to learn a new trick or two...