Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter 1790T - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Slot Fish

Default Skeeter 1790T

I have finally pulled the trigger and bought a Skeeter 1790T. I have read all the old threads and decided that the Skeeter was the one. ( I did think the same about the last dozen or so boats, if they weren't the right one why would I buy them. ) I am looking forward to be back in a fiberglass boat. My question is, do any of you Skeeter owners have any rigging ideas for me. I already have a filter for the baitwell and a Ballistic 15p prop for the motor. but am looking for ideas. I live bait rig for walleye mostly but do some Musky, Pike and panfish in central Minnesota. I need to get going on this as they says we may have open water here as early as July. If you have any pictures please send them to me at [email protected] as all the old photos on the sight have expired. I would appreciate any help you send my way. Thanks again, Bigiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Keeper

congrats on the new Skeeter
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Wallhanger

I looked hard at the Skeeters but made the choice for a YarCraft.
You should be happy with that rig.
Congrats
Morton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Wallhanger

Buy a bait tamer minnow bag for the livewell and throw away that thing they call a bait bucket. Its a death trap for minnows.

Overall A pretty good rig for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NEWBOAT75.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1246  
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Wallhanger

Yep you better get moving July is right around the corner. We are rigging a 1790 right now. LMS 520C in the electronics box, 80# Vantage, Wave Wackers. Are you going with a bow mount or Vantage?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the cograts! The boat came with White Cap splash guards installed. I plan on putting a Vector 3X 80 lb in the opening on the starbord side. A Maxxum 80 lb on the bow. I have a LMS-334c I thought I would also put in the bow. I also have a LMS-522c that I plan on putting on a swing out Ram mount in the stern somewhere.. I have considered buying another LMS-522c and mounting it in the stern as well. I would use one as a GPS and one as a fishfinder, or one on normal and the other on zoom. That way I would't have to split the 5 inch screen and would always have a back-up. Does anyone know if two LMS-522c's would fit side-by-side on the Ram 1.5 inch mount for like a LCX-112?
Skindog, I did buy a round Bait Tamer that I was going to use in the rear livewell. Guess it makes sense to use one in the front also. Do you use a round one up in the front baitwell?
Big-Crappie keep me informed on how your doing. Thanks all, Bigiver
Old 04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Charter Member

Congrat's on the rig. Skindog is a straight shooter, and uses his boat a bunch.

What motor did you get - with Skeeter I imagine a Yamaha? Did you put some type of steering assist on it - if not, see if you can find time to look into a Titan system before July slaps ya in the face.

You must live south of me, I don't know if we're going to be done with spring floods by the 4th of July - second crest should be here in a couple weeks, and today they said a third crest is 'likely'...

Arrrgghhhh! On a bright note, heard the ice went off Rainy today - should be headed up there now.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_crappie View Post
Yep you better get moving July is right around the corner. We are rigging a 1790 right now. LMS 520C in the electronics box, 80# Vantage, Wave Wackers. Are you going with a bow mount or Vantage?

The electronics box is to small and to far back to see when running under way.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Minnow

My suggestion for mounting your electronics is to put them off of Ram mounts from the side wall of the boat, just in front of the livewell and before the rod locker. If you stack the graphs on top of each other, they are much easier to see while running than looking back at the electronics box. The location for their electronics box is terrible.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skindog View Post
The electronics box is to small and to far back to see when running under way.
That's what I said but the customer is ALWAYS right.