Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Worst McDonald's? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2017, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Default Worst McDonald's?

Has to be the one in International Falls, MN. Place is a zoo and when we stopped there for a quick bite Saturday morning, June 17. Place was not crowded when we walked in, but there soon was about twenty guys standing there waiting for their order while the "crew" was busy laughing and joking about the long list of orders waiting to be filled.

It was not that busy when we pulled in. One older gal cooking then she left the grill to help with the drive through. So then there was no one cooking!!

Wife and I waited over thirty minutes and still had no food. Everyone had at least the same wait times. We finally just left as we needed to be on the road.

I'm sure my wife will be growling at their home office when we get back home.

Never seen anything like that in my life. Got an email from a buddy who came through an hour or two after us and it was the same.

Just warning you guys who are traveling through there.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

Of all the thousands of McDonalds across the World you picked the worse one. Man, with your luck be sure to wear your seat belt and life jacket.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Wallhanger

All McDonalds suck these days,..

The food is cooked as it's ordered,....

I miss being able to walk in and see what was cooked and waiting in the shoot out of the kitchen and just getting something fast and easy and getting back on the road,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Minnow

Default yuck

I would rather eat dead bait than the food they serve. I've eaten there once in the last 35 years, you have to figure for the price they charge it has to be pooor quality ingredients. Better to plan ahead and have some food packed than eat that garbage.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I would rather eat dead bait than the food they serve. I've eaten there once in the last 35 years, you have to figure for the price they charge it has to be pooor quality ingredients. Better to plan ahead and have some food packed than eat that garbage.
We did have traveling food with us, but thought a quick warm (?) sandwich might taste good while waiting to cross into Canada. Back home we have a place called Avanties which has great Sub sandwiches on their home made bread. I like to buy a couple and have them with us when we are traveling by car.

There are much better fast food places than the yellow arches. Much better.

Just venting!

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 06-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

Next time turn West on 11 and stop at Hardee's. It will be better food and quicker service. It's out by Menards.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Wallhanger

If I'm stopping for fast food I want two things. Food. Fast. We like to pack less perishable food for trips; sausage, cured meat, cheese, bread, fruits and a small cooler. The kids always had the job of laying things out in the back seat on one or two paper plates and serving their parents. They enjoyed it, the food was good and cheaper than fast food and we saved a ton of time by only stopping for gas and bathroom breaks.

Quality wise I don't see a big difference between most of the fast food joints and the national chains. I will make an effort to check out regional places or better yet, Mom & Pops that serve regional food. I didn't go to Maine to eat BBQ and I didn't go to New Orleans for hamburger. The seafood was awesome in Maine and so was the Cajun in La. In Canada I'll try Poutine or a loose meat sandwich or whatever else might be a change of pace. I'm going to be getting plenty of fresh fish anyway.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:23 AM
Wallhanger

At one time when I was younger, MUCH younger I enjoyed the food at Mc D's..........

Not anymore.......I can't remember the last time I had "food" from Mc D's but I do remember this......no matter what sandwich you get from them now, it looks like they make it, wrap it and then step on it before putting it in the bag.......AND they are famous for short changing you on food at the drive thru.......PLUS if you eat in (we NEVER do that anymore) you can't sit there and relax because of all the bells and buzzers going off to tell the nit wits to take out the french fries or whatever.

Now when we travel we either make up a sandwich or two or get a sub from Subway and split it. However, we do pull into a Mc D's to get a $1 coffee for our picnic lunch and for a place to park (in the shade if possible).

Why is there not more Timmy Horton's throughout the country for good STRONG coffee ! ! !
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs down Not as ordered

If you get what you ordered you are lucky. After picking up order and going down road I found out the order was wrong. Seems as if this is the ordinary.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Wallhanger

Coffee only for this guy at McDonalds.