Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Leaking 2013 Lund Impact 1875 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Minnow

Default Leaking 2013 Lund Impact 1875

Sooo disappointed with Lund...

There are numerous leaking rivots on the bottom area near the bow of my 2013 Lund Impact 1875 (could not figure out how to upload video) I discovered the leaking in the fall of 2018. I am the original owner (got it in May of 2013) and have never run into or over anything with this boat. I do not tournament fish and do not hammer the boat in rough water. I did not use the boat much in 2017 because my wife had breast cancer. I used the boat less than 10 times in 2018 because we moved into a new home and did not have the time.

My marina sent the video to Lund. Lund stated they would cover half the cost. Marina told me the repair cost (Lund material and Marina labor) would be $4,000. $2,000 out of pocket for me.

I spent the extra money on a Lund because I wanted something that was high quality. I was truly amazed at how many leaking rivots this video revealed. I am sooo disappointed in the quality of this boat and in the money I am supposed to shell out for the repair of such a new boat.

I am posting this for two reasons....

1) I'm looking for guidance from anyone who may have run into this issue before with such a new Lund... like contacting Lund directly for this.

2) I don't know that I can afford $2000 on this fix. Does anyone have any ideas on other repair options?

Thanks guys in advance for your time and answers.

"If you want to have fun go fishing for a weekend. If you want to be happy and content do something for someone else."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishtackle View Post
Sooo disappointed with Lund...

There are numerous leaking rivots on the bottom area near the bow of my 2013 Lund Impact 1875 (could not figure out how to upload video) I discovered the leaking in the fall of 2018. I am the original owner (got it in May of 2013) and have never run into or over anything with this boat. I do not tournament fish and do not hammer the boat in rough water. I did not use the boat much in 2017 because my wife had breast cancer. I used the boat less than 10 times in 2018 because we moved into a new home and did not have the time.

My marina sent the video to Lund. Lund stated they would cover half the cost. Marina told me the repair cost (Lund material and Marina labor) would be $4,000. $2,000 out of pocket for me.

I spent the extra money on a Lund because I wanted something that was high quality. I was truly amazed at how many leaking rivots this video revealed. I am sooo disappointed in the quality of this boat and in the money I am supposed to shell out for the repair of such a new boat.

I am posting this for two reasons....

1) I'm looking for guidance from anyone who may have run into this issue before with such a new Lund... like contacting Lund directly for this.

2) I don't know that I can afford $2000 on this fix. Does anyone have any ideas on other repair options?

Thanks guys in advance for your time and answers.
I thought they had a lifetime warranty on the hull? Are there any scratches or dents in the hull? Once T-Mac on this site see it he can give you the best advice on what he thinks Lund will and will not do. Sorry to hear about your problems, Lund churns out a ton of boats so even a company that is know for excellence will occasionally have a problem.

BOATING'S BEST WARRANTY

Lund’s lifetime warranty gives you the best overall coverage ever available on hull material and workmanship. And it’s transferrable.
Warranties include:
Lifetime warranty on double-riveted seams.
Lifetime warranty on all plywood panels, related materials and labor.
3-year 100% bow-to-stern Parts and Labor coverage (ask your dealer for details)

Last edited by Scott C; 03-09-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Wallhanger

Phish. There has to be an explanation why it is not fully covered. If it were me if there was nothing you did wrong I would be talking to Lund myself. Something is not right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lund Warranty

I think the 3 year reference is for hardware, knobs, cleats and such.

Lifetime Warranty on double riveted seams should handle it.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

I agree with Bob, I would call Lund myself and speak to whoever I needed too. If you didn’t damage the boat I would not be satisfied with what your dealer told you.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely call Lund.
I have a very small dent (barely noticeable) below the gunnel where I kissed the pier the very first time I took her out in 2013. I know that had nothing to do with it. I wish I could upload the short video of the water fast dripping out of all the rivots so you guys could see it. It's amazing. I posted this same thread on Ohio Game and Fish under boats. I was able to upload it there. A friend recommended that I share this to the Lund owners FB page. I'll do that too. Thank you.

"If you want to have fun go fishing for a weekend. If you want to be happy and content do something for someone else."
Old 03-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Wallhanger

Some things are covered for as long as the original purchaser owns the boat. Others things have various other coverage. (for example, rivets which not part of a seam)

Here is a link to the 2013 Lund warranty. :

http://media.channelblade.com/EProWe...ENT%20LUND.pdf
Old 03-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Wallhanger

Here is the video everyone.

Phish, is the bottom dented/creased or is that just reflection or shadows? Did you ever have water freeze in the bottom?

Good luck with the repair.

https://www.ohiogamefishing.com/thre...t-1875.342711/

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360

Last edited by Wall-i-Lama; 03-09-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Wallhanger

Your dealer needs to be stepping up to get this taken care of. A good one would, but Lund needs to own up and cover some obvious poor workmanship. Disappointing to see Lund not demanding that this boat come back and be repaired. Sadly, this is not the first time I have ever seen this and won't be the last. Stay vigilant and push this issue, especially since you are the original owner.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Minnow

Thanks Wall-i for adding the link! That's all reflection. No creases or dents in the bottom. I have no reason to believe that any water froze in the bottom of the boat.