Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Really Now? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 07-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Keeper

Default Really Now?

So we don't happen to like it, an ugly border incidence being reported by an American and as a consequence you delete my thread when the USA/Michigan and Hillary's state department gives Canada a list of Michigan CPL carry permittees, so an elderly disabled couple with MS and their dog can be treated like Middle East terrorists as they get their vehicle and boat strip searched when going into Canada to fish? What is wrong with you people here? Why was my thread deleted? Who are we trying to protect from embarrassment here? I was trying to be informative and give a heads up to the many guys who have CPL handgun permits to beware of what is happening at the border and who provided the information and you delete my thread?

Last edited by Crackback; 07-19-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

You specifically mentioned the president and secretary of state as probable reasons for the policy. Unfortunately you turned it political and that's a big no no. It was an informative post for MI residents, but you should have kept the politics out of it.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Shellback;5002545]You specifically mentioned the president and secretary of state as probable reasons for the policy. Unfortunately you turned it political and that's a big no no. It was an informative post for MI residents, but you should have kept the politics out of it.[/QUOTE]

Dude...It wasn't political as the the Canada CUSTOMS GUY guy told me The U.S. State Department at that time authorized the CPL data EXCHANGE AND Hillary WAS IN CHARGE AT THAT TIME....It was FACTUAL and I just got off the phone this afternoon with my Michigan Congressman as his Chief of Staff told me this isn't the first time and won't be the last his office has received complaints about Michigan citizen's vehicles being strip searched by Canadian Customs based strictly on Michigan CPL permits.....this is pure U.S. Citizen abuse...what is going to be next time? Is the U.S. government going to give a foreign government your medical records? Political opinions are surely one thing but factual cause and effect and the statement of why an incident of this type happened is surely another thing! My Michigan State representative confirmed what the Canada Customs guy said and said it was out of the hands of Michigan State governmental authority as the U.S. State Department forwarded any and all information on Michigan citizens drivers licensees to Canadian authorities. That isn't political by any stretch of the definition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Crackback;5002593]Dude...It wasn't political as the the Canada CUSTOMS GUY guy told me The U.S. State Department at that time authorized the CPL data EXCHANGE AND Hillary WAS IN CHARGE AT THAT TIME....It was FACTUAL and I just got off the phone this afternoon with my Michigan Congressman as his Chief of Staff told me this isn't the first time and won't be the last his office has received complaints about Michigan citizen's vehicles being strip searched by Canadian Customs based strictly on Michigan CPL permits.....this is pure U.S. Citizen abuse...what is going to be next time? Is the U.S. government going to give a foreign government your medical records? Political opinions are surely one thing but factual cause and effect and the statement of why an incident of this type happened is surely another thing! My Michigan State representative confirmed what the Canada Customs guy said and said it was out of the hands of Michigan State governmental authority as the U.S. State Department forwarded any and all information on Michigan citizens drivers licensees to Canadian authorities. That isn't political by any stretch of the definition.[/QUOTE]

Let's be factual. You were not "strip searched". Being checked at the border is not "US citizen abuse". You decided you wanted the conceal carry permit. You deal with the consequences. I have no sympathy for whiners.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:11 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=v-bay gord;5002601]Let's be factual. You were not "strip searched". Being checked at the border is not "US citizen abuse". You decided you wanted the conceal carry permit. You deal with the consequences. I have no sympathy for whiners.[/QUOTE]

Really????...that is the same logic a guy said in Germany in 1939....and my vehicle and boat were for all intents and purposes were stripped searched as I was told only because I have a a right to carry a concealed handgun in the USA......so were 6 million Jews whiners too? I wasn't carrying any hand gun in Canada and I respected their laws and I get screwed for something I am legally allowed to do in the USA......Boy....you have a real dictatorial attitude there son against a disabled guy and his wife who have done nothing illegal in the USA or Canada! Where does it end pal?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Minnow

"Strip search"? Did they remove the bra off the front of your truck? And when did older people start saying "dude"...?

If you don't like how Canada is ensuring the safety of its country, don't go across the border... I go across about 10 times a year and have never had a problem once. My boat and rig have been search a few times too. Not hiding anything so never concerned. They're just doing their jobs.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Wallhanger

I have no idea why anyone would bring presumably a handgun on any kind of permit into Canada.

The reality in Canada it's not ok to carry, no one does, particularly outside a few dangerous areas of our big cities.

Even if you had the permit, every Cop you met would see you as a threat, because it just doesn't happen here.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:26 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=ranger662200;5002617]"Strip search"? Did they remove the bra off the front of your truck? And when did older people start saying "dude"...?

If you don't like how Canada is ensuring the safety of its country, don't go across the border... I go across about 10 times a year and have never had a problem once. My boat and rig have been search a few times too. Not hiding anything so never concerned. They're just doing their jobs.[/QUOTE]

Did you have a CPL permit on your driver's license? I think not..At 62 years of age I refer to everyone as Dude....Safety????...I wasn't hiding anything either! How bad do you have to be treated for no reason before people like you say something?...and yes they did open the hood of my F-150. If the Canadians want to ensure the safety of their Nation maybe they can start down at Windsor or Port Huron where the probability of a gun wielding Middle East terrorist heading to Dearborn, MI with a dog pulling a boat is more applicable instead of being tough guys to old disabled people and their dogs at Soo Saint Marie? What do you think? So if somebody told you to shakedown a couple of old people pulling a boat with a handicapped parking permit and go through all their stuff and you were asked why....would you tell them we know you got a gun on you because you have a USA/ Michigan permit and we are going to treat you like the scum you are because, "WE ARE DOING OUR JOBS"! WHAT A bombastic attitude against law abiding Americans you have their Buddy?

Last edited by Crackback; 07-19-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=martinbns;5002633]I have no idea why anyone would bring presumably a handgun on any kind of permit into Canada.

The reality in Canada it's not ok to carry, no one does, particularly outside a few dangerous areas of our big cities.

Even if you had the permit, every Cop you met would see you as a threat, because it just doesn't happen here.[/QUOTE]

I DIDN"T BRING ANY GUN INTO CANADA, Mr Canadian Guy....I had no gun on me and I would NEVER bring a handgun into Canada ...but there are places I go to in the USA/Michigan that carrying a concealed handgun is not only smart but it is required for you own personal safety especially if you are mobility disabled and walk with a cane !
Old 07-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Keeper

You should have used your passport at the border and this whole thing would not have happened.