Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Going to single battery for Verado - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-25-2021, 01:58 PM
Minnow

Thanks eyeboom. So you are saying the PS Pump is being powered by sensing the kicker motor running? And if I unplug that Tach wire it will not, only when the Verado is running. I do not have a battery selector so I can't select which battery to use. Also the Diagrams dont specify where the wires for the dash and the power harness for the gauges go, right now everything goes to the house, looks like a dogs breakfast. I did wire my TR-1 and the Downriggers to a Blue Sea distribution block powered off the Main. Where did you disconnect the Tach wire? Right at that terminal on the grey wire? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Wallhanger

"So you are saying the PS Pump is being powered by sensing the kicker motor running? And if I unplug that Tach wire it will not, only when the Verado is running."

Exactly. I did a google search on the PS pump location for your boat, but had no luck. I did, however, find a dealer that is using the same approach now on their Lund boats rigged with a Verado and a kicker. He mentions this at the 6:19 mark in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fTV5aFC2GA

I personally interrupted the tach wire line, and ran wiring up to a switch on the console thinking I may want to turn on the PS pump when running the kicker (incase of having issues with the Verado). It turns out I've never needed to turn it on so a bit of additional work that wasn't needed.

There are a couple of ways to find the PS pump location. Call a Lund dealer and inquire (possibly the dealer in the video). Or you can turn over the kicker motor so it just starts up, shut it off and then listen for where the whine from the PS pump is coming from as it spools down. The pump for my Ranger is located under the service panel in the splash well. No sure where it would be located on your Lund. Use the fifth battery as you house battery then and you should be good to go.

Phil
Old 02-25-2021, 06:12 PM
Minnow

Thatís great, thanks! I know where the pump is, it easily accessed and located that harness. Iíll just unplug that connector on the grey wire.