Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone have this setup? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Minnow

Default Anyone have this setup?

Iím usually a trolling guy for walleye. But I do have your standard pflueger president 6í6 medium for jigging purposes. I came across a deal I couldnít pass up ( less than 1/2 price) but itís probably more suited for casting cranks than jigging. Wondering if anyone has this setup or any insight on its best application. Itís a St Croix 7ft medium 1pc split grip with a Diawa exceler lt2500 with 10lb suffix 832. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07335BA6-D511-460B-80A8-FD4E7067B7E5.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	317346   Click image for larger version

Name:	14E759E6-E7F2-46DB-8BB9-C62B6AB1FB6B.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	317348  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020, 09:42 PM
daiwa man

Nice combo, do whatever you want with it, enjoy the rig!
Old 04-10-2020, 03:47 AM
Wallhanger

Very versatile for casting any baits between 1/4 and 1 oz in my opinion. Try out some new stuff and enjoy the combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Use it to troll, use it to jig, use it to bobber fish, use it to pan fish, use it to pan fish, use it to musky fish, use it for northern fishing, use it for walleye fishing. Use it for retrieving lost glasses from the bottom. Use it to hold your hat on in a wind storm. Use it to hold up a sagging window. Use it to hold a door open just before it is crushed from the wind.

You can use your rig in a million different ways.

But best of all, any time you use it for its intended purpose you will have a smile on your face because you will be enjoying yourself.

Be safe
Old 04-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Use it to troll, use it to jig, use it to bobber fish, use it to pan fish, use it to pan fish, use it to musky fish, use it for northern fishing, use it for walleye fishing. Use it for retrieving lost glasses from the bottom. Use it to hold your hat on in a wind storm. Use it to hold up a sagging window. Use it to hold a door open just before it is crushed from the wind.

You can use your rig in a million different ways.

But best of all, any time you use it for its intended purpose you will have a smile on your face because you will be enjoying yourself.

Be safe

What a "use"ful post... NOT.

Gerry
Old 04-10-2020, 06:44 PM
cutting edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post

What a "use"ful post... NOT.

Gerry
My thoughts exactly....really, a typical REW post, when someone asks a simple question...hoping for a real helpful response...many times, comes across like he is smarter than everyone!

Hookem, I don't have that exact rod, but as kzoo mentioned, that should be a very versatile combo...experiment with any techniques and you'll get a feel for what it works best for...it won't be perfect for every technique, but it will be very good for many techniques....jigging, rigging, swimbaits, jerkbaits.......and more! If I only had one rod....that would be the length, power and action I'd get....versatile....if the reel is in good shape, you should be happy!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:57 PM
Keeper

Grin apparently you are trolling again or don’t understand the humor rew is using to say the exact same thing everyone else is saying - versatile combo great price. Grow up
2011 MinnKota Terrova 80# 24V w/ I Pilot Link
Humminbird 898 HD SI
Lakemaster Wisconsin & Great Lakes SD Cards
Navionics North & East SD Cards
MinnKota Deckhand 40 Electric Anchors Bow & Stern
Old 04-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Slot Fish

A lot nicer than my setups so why not. I think of what my dad and great uncle used up North back in the 50s so I think you are in good shape. So much has to do with Marketing $$$ and paid advertisements / sponsors that supposedly gives us the competitive advantage (same as in deer hunting with all the Magic deer scents).
Old 04-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
Very versatile for casting any baits between 1/4 and 1 oz in my opinion. Try out some new stuff and enjoy the combo.
So basically i was just asking if anyone had this set up and liked it better for a Particular application as in yes it’s great for jigging blades/bucktails deep or shallow or its better suited for casting cranks/spinners through the weeds, bottom bouncing etc... I know it’s a versatile rig and will do all of the above. I’m sure with some experimenting of my own I’ll find out what I like it best for, just trying to rule anything out with some feedback that’s all. Thank you for the reply.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Wallhanger

Iíve got that rod in ml. Yours should perform well with cranks, blades and aggressive jigs from 3/8 up. I think the action is a little fast for slower presentations but should be great for any oof the above.