Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Head2Head Fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 04-08-2020, 10:44 AM
Wallhanger

Default Head2Head Fishing

Anyone watch this tournament? I had to stop watching it, the snagging of fish and justification put me off. Last tourney they had a rule that gill plates forward counted, and I can see that being ok just because with crankbaits you sometimes get them in the cheek or one of the hooks pulls out and you are left with a snagged fish. But this tournament they changed the rules to "anywhere in the fish counts as long as you don't see the fish (intentionally snag)". I watched until I couldnt take any more blade baits in gills, belly, back, chin, side of face, etc. Guys fishing plastics and flies were slowly catching a fish LEGIT here and there, guys with blade baits and rippin raps would hit a pod and bring in 3-4 fish in a row all snagged somewhere in they body and they all "weighed".

Absolutely a terrible look for the sport IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Not Impressed

Default Some of what H2H has going on is a joke!

Watched the tournament, I also can't believe they are letting these snagged fish be weighed. I saw a few fish get pulled in by the tail and they allow this... I was not impressed with Max Wilson's attitude or big head mentality earlier but after watching him throw fish back and not weigh them since they weren't hooked gill plate forward has changed my opinion of him. Takes a lot of guts to do the right thing even when it is acceptable not to. I realize these guys are not intentionally trying to snag fish, but it does not show an angler's skill by allowing a snagged fish to be counted. They say that it is hard to make a decision in the boat about where the fish is hooked but if an angler cannot be trusted to put forth good and honest judgement then we are in a very bad place as a society.

I also get put off on a couple of the commentators, Capt. Jim and Russel are so full of themselves and have to point out how great they are and prove their credentials at every turn. I also heard Russel make the comment about one of the guys, I think his last name is Brady?, about him having holes in his jeans like they were old and worn out. Pretty sure those are super high dollar jeans, just like the super high dollar boat he is running. Arrogant and Ignorant comments from the commentators, along with snagged fish allowed to count have put me off on what could be the next big thing in tournament walleye fishing.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Wallhanger

What turned me off on it is not delaying it because of the covid 19 virus. Most of the other tournaments rescheduled. You can not tell me that the camera men in the boats are from household as the guy fishing. It does not seem fishing tournaments are essential. Oconto shut down there boat launch’s because the amount of out of state people fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020, 11:30 PM
Wallhanger

After the public outcry the changed the rule to mouth hooked only,...I was glad to see that change,..https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...00&oe=5EB58206
Old 04-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Keeper

You guys need to lighten up. The whole thing is new. They are learning as they go. I agree, the snagging was not good but they did make the change. The commentators are also new at this. I believe Russell to be very knowledgeable. They are trying to teach or tell people what techniques people are using. At times yes Capn. Jim can be a little too much but he seemed to get off of the me me me topic later in the week. The guy is a highly successful business man and proud. He likes to talk. As for the virus, I think it's up to the fisherman and the cameraman. Let them make that decision. I'll guarantee you the 150 other boats that are sitting in that river don't live together.