Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Frustrated! Save $1,100 with terrible local dealer or go farther and spend more? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-24-2021, 08:46 PM
Wallhanger

May be worth the call and kind of throw it back in their face. Give yourself a little satisfaction. 😆
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2021, 09:00 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pothen View Post
May be worth the call and kind of throw it back in their face. Give yourself a little satisfaction. 😆

Daddy always said, never burn a bridge you might need to cross. Also mentioned something about if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Should have been more specific. What HP?
He was specific in his reply..... 200hp
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 02-25-2021, 06:33 AM
Wallhanger

I missed his reply above. My bad. I would still call the other dealer and just say thanks for your time but I decided to purchase elsewhere. That way that dealership knows what went wrong and why they didn't get the sale.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:49 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I missed his reply above. My bad. I would still call the other dealer and just say thanks for your time but I decided to purchase elsewhere. That way that dealership knows what went wrong and why they didn't get the sale.
Why give them more of my value time they've already wasted. If it were me, I'd not waste one more second with them.

Maybe in my younger years I'd have called them and squawked about going to a different dealer. I have better things to do now.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:50 AM
Wallhanger

Congrats on the purchase. I'm glad you guys got a boat that fit your needs.

We will have the ADX for about 5 years I figure. Then I'm getting a pure fishing rig because the kids will mostly be gone.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 AM
Wallhanger

Boy did I ever make the right choice!

In my last discussion with the local dealer, he asked for a copy of the other dealer's quote and communications. I was ready to decline in general, but asked why he wanted to see it. He stated "I want to see what I'm up against." I responded with the question of whether they are going use it to match or beat the deal? He stated no, he can't change pricing. I then stated it didn't make sense to share it with him. Yesterday I did send a polite email thanking him for his time but noting I moved forward with the dealer further away. I didn't state anything about price, just that I felt more comfortable with them.

Dial the clock forward to today and I am working with the sales guy on a follow up item. He shared that it was a long afternoon yesterday because the local dealer turned him in for some perception of violating pricing practices with Nitro. My sales guy said it was rough but they got through it.

What an absolute sore loser the local dealer is. He wants to penalize the other dealer for earning my business when he wouldn't! There is no question I won't even go to them for service now. I will never step foot in their store.

Last edited by Timmer92; 02-25-2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:41 AM
Wallhanger

You made the correct choice that's for sure. That local dealer nay not be around too much longer if that's how they do business.

Congrats on your purchase. When does it follow you home?
Old 02-25-2021, 07:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
You made the correct choice that's for sure. That local dealer nay not be around too much longer if that's how they do business.

Congrats on your purchase. When does it follow you home?
Thanks! Late April or early May.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:54 AM
Wallhanger

Nice. Not too long of a wait