Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I just want to say this place is great. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Keeper

Default I just want to say this place is great.

Thanks to all the moderators, and posters. I absolutely love walleye fishing. The search for the finicky bitc***s, the anticipation all winter while getting gear ready, the times you can’t keep them out of the boat and you foolishly think you are smart, Smelling them cooking in a pot of oil, all of it. It’s nice to have a conversation on the interwebs with like minded individuals.

I grew up with my dad and uncles going up to the Quebec bush for two weeks every summer for a walleye trip. Being infected with the fishing bug, it killed little me when they left and cane back with piles of giant fish, and amazing stories. I was only able to go with them a few years when I got old enough as responsibilities cut the trips out. But, it locked walleyed pickerel as my target fish.

College and work kept me from chasing them for many years after because I’m not in a walleye heavy environment. Trout are fun, smallmouths are a hoot, crappies are tasty, but none of them are a noble walleye. Glad I stumbled across this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Lots of good info here and people willing to help. Also have the guys who will argue every point, won't take you long to figure out who they are. The site is a mirror of life I suppose. Some good, some bad.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

I found the site back in the winter of 1998 and it hasn't bored me enough to leave yet, so I agree...it's a great site with great members.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2020, 07:13 PM
Wallhanger

Isn't it time for a post from/about REW ???
Old 03-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Slot Fish

Agree! I don't post a lot but i read a lot on the forum I'm a fishing addic really walleye but I just love fishing i go as much as i can so thanks all!
Old 03-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Keeper

Default Old fisherman

I have fished for most of my life and I am 82 years old. I live in southern Iowa on the Mississippi River. Most of my fishing has been for crappie, bluegill, catfish and sometimes bass. When I started going to Canada for a week of walleye fishing I needed to adapt my fishing to clear water lakes and a different style of fishing. This website has probably did as much to help me as any place I have researched. I think I am started to get the hang of it, but I still pay attention to any tips I get from the forum and they get me pumped up for my next trip to N.W. Ontario.

Thank you all for the info.
Billy Weaver
Old 03-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Lots of good info here and people willing to help. Also have the guys who will argue every point, won't take you long to figure out who they are. The site is a mirror of life I suppose. Some good, some bad.
There are no bad peeps.
There are just peeps you haven't convinced to stop posting in green instead of your beloved burple and puke.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

As long as the bad recognize who they are all is good.