Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Basspro/Cabelas returns - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 03:43 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

I hate to say it, but Cabelas is absolute trash under Johnny Morris and it's only going to get worse.

I have one five minutes from my house and every time I go in it (which is less and less) I'm continually amazed at how useless and irrelevant it has become. All you see is BPS house brand junk and Johnny Morris brand lures.

Its a shame as Cabelas used to be my go-to place for **** near everything.

Take care,

Ruddiger

I agree 100% and let them know it everytime they ask for feedback on the website surveys. For those with one nearby, Scheels is picking up the slack and I think will steam roll Cabelas in the next year or two. Opening up the gigantic Scheels store in the middle of the Minneapolis metro should pretty much kill the Cabelas stores in the outer lying areas. Fantastic selection, fantastic employees. Prices are just as high as Cabelas but the selection on fishing and hunting gear is what Cabelas used to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2020, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

For all the Cabela's bashers once upon a time there was a place called Montgomery Wards and another called Sears. Times change, marketing changes.

You can rip them all you like but until you take your money elsewhere not much will change.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:00 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by feesh007 View Post
I agree 100% and let them know it everytime they ask for feedback on the website surveys. For those with one nearby, Scheels is picking up the slack and I think will steam roll Cabelas in the next year or two. Opening up the gigantic Scheels store in the middle of the Minneapolis metro should pretty much kill the Cabelas stores in the outer lying areas. Fantastic selection, fantastic employees. Prices are just as high as Cabelas but the selection on fishing and hunting gear is what Cabelas used to be.
Funny you mention that. Havent ordered from Cabelas / BPS in years, but needed an item and Scheels poped up in my Google search and ordered from them. So far so good, and I would certainly use them again...none around my neck of the woods here in SW PA.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Slot Fish

I returned some equipment I bought at a store a few weeks ago without any charge. Most likely, the charge is only for online orders.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:49 AM
Keeper

It saddens me to write this as I used to love shopping at Cabela's. As others have said it was a stop you looked forward to. Over the years I got some really good buys in the Bargain Cave. Sadly, ever since they were bought by BPS they have really went downhill. Cabela's line of clothing was a really good buy and the store stood by all of their labeled products. End of an era.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

I read this thread yesterday, knowing I was returning 4 trail cameras last night. I was dreading it. I bought them in August and have struggled with them since. I tried everything Moultrie suggested and nothing worked. It says on the box to not return to store but to work through their warranty dept. And seeing it was way back in August I bought them I figured maybe 30 day return or something.

Happy to say I walked in and they returned my $400+ no questions asked except do you want it back on your card or store credit.

Note, stay away from Moultrie BC900I cameras, all 4 didn't work. I have other Moultrie's that are 5-6 years old and no issues. Once I read the reviews I was convinced these are junk.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Wallhanger

Congratulations on getting a refund on something you bought in August. Last time I tried to return an item I got the no returns past 60 day policy.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Congratulations on getting a refund on something you bought in August. Last time I tried to return an item I got the no returns past 60 day policy.
I was prepared for it, I hated the thought of working through Moultrie for replacements because I sure don't want this model.

I have to say it was painless and I was surprised.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post
I was prepared for it, I hated the thought of working through Moultrie for replacements because I sure don't want this model.

I have to say it was painless and I was surprised.
With the OLD Cabela's I took back my duck hunting waders after 5-6 years because they were leaking and they replaced them without a receipt, NO QUESTIONS Asked. . . .

BTW I have Stealth Trail Cameras .......... no problems, they just keep on working. However, they must be 5-7 years old now so I don't know if they are still making good ones now.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
G O
B I L L S
Old 11-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

MN Guy, you mentioning Monkie Wards and Sears reminded me I bought my first paper graph from a J C Penneys catalog. Lowest price I could find.

As per my return to BP, the return fee was waived.