Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Basspro/Cabelas returns - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2020, 12:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
With the OLD Cabela's I took back my duck hunting waders after 5-6 years because they were leaking and they replaced them without a receipt, NO QUESTIONS Asked. . . .
You didnít feel guilty doing that? Thatís why a lot of stores changed their return policy. 5 years you got your monies worth. Thatís nearly as bad as stealing
BT terrova link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2020, 01:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by srj View Post

As per my return to BP, the return fee was waived.
I though you said you were charged 7.50?
What's the deal, is there a fee or not? Web site says there is....but no one here's been charged one, odd for sure.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
You didnít feel guilty doing that? Thatís why a lot of stores changed their return policy. 5 years you got your monies worth. Thatís nearly as bad as stealing
Not at all. Some of the Cabela's top end items were sold with an explicit Lifetime Guarantee. My Guidewear winter coat was. It has a zipper that goes bad after a couple of seasons. I exchanged a couple of times. Of course, now that it is going out again, I'll need to find a clothing repair shop to fix it. The cost for the potential replacement was built into the very high initial expense. They still sell it, at about 60% of what I originally paid for it years ago. But no more "Lifetime". They made money from me, no doubt at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2020, 02:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Since I paid over $219.00 for Cabelaís best waders with Lifetime Warranty why in heck would you call that stealing.

If your engine of your vehicle blew up after 5 years but it had a 10 year - 100,000 mile warranty would you just throw it out or exercise your warranty rights you paid for within the purchase price of the vehicle.

Only a sap wouldnít go back for Cabelaís to make it right.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
G O
B I L L S
Old 11-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Wallhanger

My sentiments exactly. Cabelas was like Disneyland to me. I was in Cabelas almost every day when it was Cabelas. Now that its Basspro Lite, I might go in once every couple of months. Basspro destroyed Cabelas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I couldnít wait for our Cabelas store to be built. I was a Black Credit Card holder when it open so I got to go in a couple days before the general public.

Since BPS took over I RARELY go there and when I do I RARELY buy anything.........too expensive. People I know that got hired there say itís no where as good to work there now.

I no longer carry a Cabelas/BPS credit card.

Bob
Old 11-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Fin Bender, first post said there was a 7.50 return fee. After a lengthy call to customer service, the fee was dropped.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrand View Post
Basspro destroyed Cabelas.
I believe that was the intent when BPS purchased Cabela's.

Buffalo Fishhead
Old 11-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Wallhanger

We have a Cabela's not too far from me that I rarely go to anymore, along with most of the other people I know, face it, they should take the Cabela's name off the store and name it Bass Pro because that's what it is!

I like anything with a lifetime warranty, "THEY" sold it with that warranty and I expect them to honor it. I had posted before about a Sunoco "lifetime battery" that I had purchased, as long as I'm alive and have the car it was purchased for registered and insured, they will replace that battery as needed, so far so good! My buddy has a "lifetime warranty" on most parts on his Jeep RUBICON, they would have been better off giving him a brand new Jeep judging by all the parts they have replaced on it so far! Like he said, why should I get rid of it, they keep fixing it for free, the last fix was a brand new motor!!!!
Same with Leupold and other scopes, wonder how many would chuck them after 20-30 years instead of returning them for repair under their lifetime repair warranty, I would say not too many!

Last edited by grizzley; 11-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Minnow

I had a Cabelas fishing rod that the tip snapped off. One year warranty. Cabelas replaced it no problem. Even shipped me the replacement, free. Another one snapped after BPS took over got lots of questions and a BPS rod as a replacement with 60 day warranty.
Like others have said sale items are not always stocked. Was looking for a particular lure, was in the store a week before the add started and the shelf was pretty much empty. Went back at 10 AM the first day of the sale and there was no more on the shelf as there was a week earlier even though the sale circular came out 10 days before the sale started. I complained to customer service and they gave me a $10 gift card to cover the shipping cost from ordering them from their website. Cabelas definitely has gone down hill.
I refuse to go to Gander Outdoors. Guy that bought them is an ***.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:23 PM
Minnow

Default Fleet farm and farm and fleet

These are my two stores and I have found if they donít have it I donít need it. All I need is Walmart and the stores along with a good liquor store and I am set