Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
garage hacks - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Lunker View Post
Yikes ! Going to change over to a bass platform? No more trips to WB?
As Quick Draw McGraw used to say, "Hold on there Baba Boy!" Just because I'm considering selling my Yarcraft doesn't mean I'm gonna start flipping and pitching. I'm looking at another "newer" model of a deep V. Mine is a 2002 so just fiddling with the idea of something a little newer, that's all. Still be chasing walters along with everything else I fish for. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2020, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1785 View Post
Yes, this June. Moving to Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Brian
A cousin of mine & his wife moved down to HSV 10-15 years ago, and absolutely love it! Glad we had a little time to spend together a few years ago.

HRG
Old 11-22-2020, 07:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
A cousin of mine & his wife moved down to HSV 10-15 years ago, and absolutely love it! Glad we had a little time to spend together a few years ago.

HRG
That's exactly where we will be living, in HSV! Small world huh? Thanks for all your guidance and mechanical/electrical wisdom HRG. It was truly invaluable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

I have a three car garage and an full basement but it seemed like we were always out of space. And we are not hoarders. About a year ago we started renting a 10' x 20' storage unit for $75/month. Best move we've made in a long time. Everything seasonal goes in there. It's out of the way, I don't have to look at it and it's a 5 minute ride in case I need it. We alternate things like the snowblower and lawnmower, ice fishing gear, atv/snowmobile, seasonal decorations, gear we take on vacation to Alabama, etc.

Highly suggest it.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPopp View Post
I have a three car garage and an full basement but it seemed like we were always out of space. And we are not hoarders. About a year ago we started renting a 10' x 20' storage unit for $75/month. Best move we've made in a long time. Everything seasonal goes in there. It's out of the way, I don't have to look at it and it's a 5 minute ride in case I need it. We alternate things like the snowblower and lawnmower, ice fishing gear, atv/snowmobile, seasonal decorations, gear we take on vacation to Alabama, etc.

Highly suggest it.
I'll keep this in mind SG. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2020, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

we have 11' high ceilings in our 24 x 30 garage. i built shelves all the way around the walls and then a lumber rack on one side of the wall where the garage door is. this has helped tremendously.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:18 AM
Skol

ProSlat
Old 11-25-2020, 11:02 AM
Wallhanger

Do not know if you want to spend the money on fancy cabinets. I went with theses and have been very happy with them. https://www.premiergarage.com/cabinetry.html I knew I was going to be in this house along time. You would have to look if they have a dealer down there. If you have any idea of getting epoxy flooring done. Get it done before you move into your garage. Allot easier then moving all your stuff back out. I mounted rubber coated j hooks to boards. Then mounted them to the ceiling. Use two so I could store fishing rods. Nice if you have some 9 foot and over rods. They also have these for wall or ceiling mounting. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Few different colors.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
Do not know if you want to spend the money on fancy cabinets. I went with theses and have been very happy with them. https://www.premiergarage.com/cabinetry.html I knew I was going to be in this house along time. You would have to look if they have a dealer down there. If you have any idea of getting epoxy flooring done. Get it done before you move into your garage. Allot easier then moving all your stuff back out. I mounted rubber coated j hooks to boards. Then mounted them to the ceiling. Use two so I could store fishing rods. Nice if you have some 9 foot and over rods. They also have these for wall or ceiling mounting. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Few different colors.
Snowking,
I like those rod racks. I'm going to have to keep those in mind. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Default Magazine

I would check out the magazine family handyman. They periodically have information on how to make best use of your garage