Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
No Map On Lcx 113c HD - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default No Map On Lcx 113c HD

Hey Chris I Bought The 2010 Hot Maps Platnum Card North.I Have A Lcx113cHD Downloaded Version 2.5.0.I Have No Map Just A White Background With Waypoints.There Is No Selection For Which Region To Select.I Tried To Enable My 3D And It Says No Information Available.My Card Was Locked i Unlocked It To No Avail.I Dont Know Need Some Help Please.Thanks Derek Lapointe
Derek LaPointe #7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Charter Member

Prov:

Just in case try this:
From the map page press Menu
Scroll down to Map Data, click Enter
Scroll down to Map Choices, Select the map card (name), press Enter, Exit, Exit
Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Wallhanger

Default 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov275 View Post
Hey Chris I Bought The 2010 Hot Maps Platnum Card North.I Have A Lcx113cHD Downloaded Version 2.5.0.I Have No Map Just A White Background With Waypoints.There Is No Selection For Which Region To Select.I Tried To Enable My 3D And It Says No Information Available.My Card Was Locked i Unlocked It To No Avail.I Dont Know Need Some Help Please.Thanks Derek Lapointe
I dont know how large an SD card the North platinum version card comes on however be aware that the Lowrance 113 will not support/run an SD card bigger than 2G. Some of the versions (East) are on 2G cards and the 113 will run the paltinum version. I know the West version is on a 4G card and will not run in a 113.

Kind of a limiting factor. The Premium versions have less data and comes on a >2G card so it runs fine but the platinum has more detail-more data and requires a bigger file card in most of the choices.

All of the new HD units support/run the larger size SD cards no problem.

Probably not what you wanted to hear now that you bought the Platinum over the Premium.....

As far as I know there is no Lowrance update available to enable these units to read cards greater than 2G but I am hoping that is possible/coming soon??

Last edited by Crankbaiter; 05-11-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Thanks Guys

Yeah Crankbaiter Your Right.I Called Lowrance Today And They Told Me That Card Wont Work In It.Its Got A Micro Sd Card Inside Of A Regular Size Sd Card And It Doesnt Work.We'll I Take The Hit On The Card Or I Buy Hds 10 With lss1 Time To Make A Decision. ........... Hmmmm
Derek LaPointe #7
Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Wallhanger

the new platinum wont work in the LCX series you need to find the old ones...... but it works great in the HDS!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov275 View Post
Yeah Crankbaiter Your Right.I Called Lowrance Today And They Told Me That Card Wont Work In It.Its Got A Micro Sd Card Inside Of A Regular Size Sd Card And It Doesnt Work.We'll I Take The Hit On The Card Or I Buy Hds 10 With lss1 Time To Make A Decision. ........... Hmmmm
Keep in mind PRoV 275 that what will work in the 113 is the Premium version as opposed to the platinum. and the premiumis is a less expensive chip.

You may find somebody with an HD unit or a Hummingbird unit who has the Premium version and is willing to trade for your Platinum. They will be getting a little more expensive chip and you will be getting something that work in your unit.

Just make sure they have the latest version chip an not an old one that may be missing some lakes you want.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Wallhanger

Wink

Just an FYI.....

The reason why those cards don't work is that the SD/MMC card specs change for cards over 2GB. If you look, 2GB cards and below are listed as SD. Greater than 2GB cards are listed as SDHC. Your reader must be SDHC compatible in order for them to work. Firmware updates will not fix this. It's hardware related.

Of course, if Lowrance was on top of their game they would have included those along with USB ports like most modern hardware in the last 10 years.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Wallhanger

I understand what your saying I think anyways.
I wonder if there is a work around...
Is there a chance that an "adapter" SDHC card could be used the same way these new "mini" SD cards are plugged into an adapter card and then that adapter card is put in a full size SD slot?
Does that make any sense?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Wallhanger

Smile

It does.....I have never seen one though.