Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trailer valet ???? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 01-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Keeper

Default Trailer valet ????

Anyone have experience with any models of these trailer movers? My new boat will have a wider trailer that I am used to and I’m thinking one of these may assist moving it into my garage. I’m getting mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG1 View Post
Anyone have experience with any models of these trailer movers? My new boat will have a wider trailer that I am used to and I’m thinking one of these may assist moving it into my garage. I’m getting mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance.
I have the basic one and bought it for the same reason as you are thinking. I had less than 2" of clearance on both sides. My 18' skeeter w 200 yamaha (single axle trailer) was just at or over the limit of what it can handle. I've since built a shop so no need to use it anymore.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:02 PM
Wallhanger

I am happy with my trailer valet XL. If you have surge breaks make sure you use one of the lockouts to keep them from activating. I had an issue by the garage lip bump while backing in. No problem after installing the lockout. I would recommend the XL so you can use a power drill. I think you would also want a dewalt or Milwaukee hammer drill. You might burn up a lightweight standard drill. Just make sure the ball is locked on. I also do not crank the jack all the way up. Just in case the trailer valet comes off. I never had that happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2020, 03:53 AM
Wallhanger

I had the basic model and only use it a couple of times because I can up with system to "thread the needle" getting my trailer with less then 2" of clearance width wise. It worked well for me and ended up selling it to member here on WC.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 01-17-2020, 10:22 AM
Slot Fish

I bought the basic 5X model two years ago. I park my near 19 ft Lund diagonally in a 20 x 20 ft garage. I pushed it in once by hand, but since it's slightly uphill over an uneven concrete apron, I had to find a better way. They're not cheap, but neither is my chiropractor! I've had to use it at a rental property that was never meant to have a trailer backed in from the street - sure saved the day there.

Last edited by Homegrown1; 01-17-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Keeper

Default Thanks.

Much thanks guys. I may have a few questions after receiving the boat this spring and May send a PM or two to you guys to obtain more info....if that’s OK.

Thanks again. Mike
Old 01-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Keeper

I also had to get something to move my new bigger boat, I ended up making my own that works pretty good , ended up having to play with the gearing some

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecd585f3aae3527.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	493.3 KB
ID:	315076
Old 01-17-2020, 04:39 PM
Keeper

Default Very cool....

Thanks for the idea Redy., you’ve given me something to think about.. the creativity and experience of folks on this board is amazing....much thanks.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Charter Member

Default well done!!

Well done!! I am curious how heavy your boat is and is it single or dual axle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redy2fish View Post
I also had to get something to move my new bigger boat, I ended up making my own that works pretty good , ended up having to play with the gearing some

Attachment 315076
Old 02-06-2020, 03:58 AM
Keeper

Warrior193 dual axle trailer