Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Quad Pro Professional PS4 issues - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-15-2021, 07:34 AM
Keeper

Default Quad Pro Professional PS4 issues

Hi All-
My dad purchased a brand-new 619FS last year, and it has a Dual Pro Professional Quad Pro PS4 onboard charger. If the charger is left unplugged from the AC wall outlet, after about 2 weeks the batteries are completely drained. I measured to look for stray currents, and I found that the onboard charger is pulling around 250mA from each battery. I explained this to the dealer, and they said "that's just the way they are" and "its meant to do that". I have a very hard time believing this is the case. Under no circumstances should a battery charger ever be pulling current back out of a battery! Has anyone else run into this issue with their Dual Pro charger?
thanks in advance
Northerner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2021, 08:43 AM
Wallhanger

Mine never has.
Contact Dual Pro they are extremely helpful for answering questions about their chargers
Old 06-19-2021, 01:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
Hi All-
My dad purchased a brand-new 619FS last year, and it has a Dual Pro Professional Quad Pro PS4 onboard charger. If the charger is left unplugged from the AC wall outlet, after about 2 weeks the batteries are completely drained. I measured to look for stray currents, and I found that the onboard charger is pulling around 250mA from each battery. I explained this to the dealer, and they said "that's just the way they are" and "its meant to do that". I have a very hard time believing this is the case. Under no circumstances should a battery charger ever be pulling current back out of a battery! Has anyone else run into this issue with their Dual Pro charger?
thanks in advance
Northerner
I have a 621 and 119 both with Dual PRo Profesional Quad chargers, so like systems. Atleast for me, there is a considerable amount of drain on the 621 over even a day or 2 if left unplugged. not so much on the 119.

I keep my chargers on a timer. both boats gets 1 hour a night after complete charge. I have perko switches between my batteries and big motor/electronics, kicker and TM on the 621. I just always assumed there was a lot of drain from these 3 things areas with all their electronics, boards, computer chips, etc.

I feel your pain! If you call them, please post here what they said!!

Thx

Last edited by kswalleyer; 06-19-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement