Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Terrova spotlock 360 rotation thoughts - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Keeper

Default Terrova spotlock 360 rotation thoughts

I read that the Ultrex can not do a full 360 rotation when on spotlock. I realize this is due to the way it's built, but I think this would be a great software feature for the Terrova. Being able to do greater than 360 degree turns with the Terrova is just a PITA in my opinion.

I have looked into getting an Ultrex just to make putting a transducer on the shaft or barrel easier. Having a cable running to the barrel on a Terrova just seems like problems waiting to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2021, 09:19 AM
Keeper

I love watching my Terrova un-wrap itself!
2016 Ram CCLB Cummins
All metal all the time.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:50 PM
Keeper

Another thing that drives me nuts is when I cancel a spot lock and the head makes some arbitrary spin for 5 seconds. Like, what is it doing? I don't understand why it does this. I hate it when I'm in big waves trying to stow the motor and how I just have to wait 5 or so seconds, off spot lock, until this stupid motor decides it's done spinning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
Another thing that drives me nuts is when I cancel a spot lock and the head makes some arbitrary spin for 5 seconds. Like, what is it doing? I don't understand why it does this. I hate it when I'm in big waves trying to stow the motor and how I just have to wait 5 or so seconds, off spot lock, until this stupid motor decides it's done spinning.

You should be able to stop this by instead of just turning spot lock off take and turn the motor by remote or foot pedal this will cancel spot lock.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I read that the Ultrex can not do a full 360 rotation when on spotlock. I realize this is due to the way it's built, but I think this would be a great software feature for the Terrova. Being able to do greater than 360 degree turns with the Terrova is just a PITA in my opinion.

I have looked into getting an Ultrex just to make putting a transducer on the shaft or barrel easier. Having a cable running to the barrel on a Terrova just seems like problems waiting to happen.

I have no problems with my SI transducer mounted on my Terrova. Been that way since 2011
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	329996  
Old 10-28-2021, 01:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

I had a SI transducer mounted to my old terrova. I used the cornfield crappie kit. It worked great. I found that I didn't use SI up front as much as I thought I would so on my ulterra I just got the US2 that I use with my lowrance.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:31 PM
Wallhanger

The best solution if you use HB units is the built in sonar. You can get it all with no external transducer wires to get tangled. I bought my last one a couple years too early but the cornfield crappie rig has worked good for a few years now. Bob