Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I am shocked - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
Pinpoint was the first system. My wife bought me a complete Pinpoint system (3700 motor,7800 & 7520 units)in the spring of 1999 for my anniversary present. It when on our Yarcraft which I sold to my brother in 2005. It work great and is still working to this date. Too bad motorguide couldn't keep it going, what a shame. Yes I agree, Lowrance should have bought them. A decade before its time!
I've never seen Pinpoint in action, but I'm amazed that Motorguide hasn't tried to resurrect it or come up with something similar to try and compete with MinnKota.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Wallhanger

it was a great system, but did have some flaws. The main one that I saw was that it was hard to follow contours if the contours were very gradual it would, at times start to go in circles trying to find the correct depth again. That said it was well into the future with that technology. Too bad someone couldn't keep it going! Competion is good!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Wallhanger

Motorguide, as I understand, bought them to get the motor technology, and then phased out the electronics after a couple of years. The motor uses rare earth magnets, which make very efficient electric motors, creating power with less amperage. I still have a 7520 graph which I use as a mobile unit. Still a fine graph for mono screen.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

One better than the other..not so sure.

But if Lowrance had taken care of me like they did papascott, I might have three Lowrance's on my boat instead of one Lowrance and two Hummingbird units.

I run a 27LCX on the bow, it works fine and does what I need, I run a 1198SI on the console and it works fine and does what I need.

Better, maybe just different?

Good question though Wade, I don't see a lot of hype for the touch screen on TV, not like I did for SI that's for sure.

Al
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Wallhanger

For someone like me who will never spend that kind of coin for a 10 inch screen, the new elite 7's with the 2D and dsi seems like a lot of bang for the buck.