Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Follow Contour Option not listed - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-20-2019, 08:28 AM
Minnow

I sold mine a few years back, mainly because I was upgrading to 24V anyway, and thought a MinnKota would do a similar job.

Motorguide did continue to use the depth tracking feature for a while, then dropped it.

Guess they are sitting on the patent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Minnow

Oh, and thanks for the offer Bob.
Have you noticed where I live
Old 04-20-2019, 11:48 AM
Wallhanger

I did! You would be paying the freight. Did you notice the thread is a bit old? Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojon View Post
I have 3, 12" Solix SI units with the latest updates all networked together with an Ultera with iPilot Link which also has the lastest updates. When I press the goto button on any one of the Solix units I do get "follow contour" as an option. At the time I press goto, I have tried both with the prop spinning and not spinning (saw in other forums this might be an issue). I do see the iPilot on the display and I can control it (raise, lower, change speed, direction etc) so I know that it is networked correctly. Hoping its something simple I'm overlooking. I have the SmartStrike Lakemaster chip for MN installed.
What happens is you need to wait for the networked devices to sync up with each other.

I have video showing exactly that. I made this for the purpose of showing what the Minn Kota heading sensor actually does, but you will also see how I wait for the network to sync before Follow The Contour comes up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1H...1m1I_m7_mMt-kd
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Wallhanger

Default Updated Software 3.360

Bird has new solix software out that is said to address the Crazy Ivan. Only time will tell, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Solix 12 G1

Last edited by Diesel Pro; 04-24-2019 at 10:32 AM.