Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cobham River Hidden Lake Outpost in Manitoba - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-30-2017, 06:37 AM
Minnow

Default Cobham River Hidden Lake Outpost in Manitoba

I am thinking about going to Cobham River Hidden Lake Outpost in Manitoba next year there seems to be very little information on this outpost, any information would be great. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Wallhanger

I don't have any info on that particular outpost but I have fished the Cobham river on the Ontario side and it's an awesome fishery. We went with Amik Outposts out of Red Lake and had a great time. The walleye fishing was outstanding and the Cobham is known for huge Pike although we didn't see any the week we were there. You could probably save some driving time and money by going out of Red Lake. Check them out at www.canadianflyinfishing.com
Old 09-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstar View Post
I don't have any info on that particular outpost but I have fished the Cobham river on the Ontario side and it's an awesome fishery. We went with Amik Outposts out of Red Lake and had a great time. The walleye fishing was outstanding and the Cobham is known for huge Pike although we didn't see any the week we were there. You could probably save some driving time and money by going out of Red Lake. Check them out at www.canadianflyinfishing.com
For big pike check below the narrow parts of the river directly upstream from the log cabin. They stick around the pool just below the narrow area. Water moves a bit faster through the narrow parts of the river and a hole is scooped out below the faster moving water.

Also go downstream and check the narrow, shallow stretch before arriving at big water. Nice pike hang around eating walleyes.

Continue downstream past big water and make the 90 degree left turn where you'll find lots of fresh cabbage. Lots of nice pike in the weeds, much of the time.

I've fished it a bunch. Great fishery. I spent 6 years on a waiting list and then kept the same week for several years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstar View Post
The driving time that the Manitoba location offers seems to be quicker coming from the cities. They offer flights from Winnipeg, Pine Falls and Bissett Manitoba. All are faster drives from the cities. The system on the Manitoba side is interesting with 2 river systems. Our group has been fishing both the Cobham Lodge and Hidden Outpost for the last 9 years now. We have also fished Amik's Camp.

Update 2018***************

Had a great trip once again at the Cobham. The staff and food were as expected, exceptional!! While the weather was extremely hot this year we did have a few days with a breeze which made the temperatures bearable. We had no problem finding a good population of keeper 18-20 inch walleye. 2 members in our group counted fish caught, their average was 97. We had multiple Pike over 30 inches and a 3 over the 41 inch line in the sand. The flights too and from the lodge were no problem with early morning departures on both ends. The lodge had all new bedding put in this year which was a really nice upgrade. They also have upgraded a few boats and motors and have started to use "Rock Hoppers". I was initially worried the Rock Hopper would slow us down, but it didnt seem to change the boat's handling or speed. Its an interesting idea and Im sure it saved some damage that we would have caused while trolling around some rocky shores. We have already rebooked for next year.

Last edited by jiggy08; 07-01-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:56 AM
Minnow

I just booked a trip to Cobham River Lodge July 1 thru July 7. From all I can find out it sure seems like an excellent fishery, I,ll post a report after I get back.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Minnow

Default Cobham River Lodge

Hey jiggy and Wisconsin, I'm booked for June this year at their Hidden Lake outpost. Would appreciate any and all info about your trips last year, if you're willing. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Minnow

I did not fish Hidden Lake Outpost we stayed at the main lodge about 10 miles south of Hidden Lake. We did well at the main lodge biggest pike was 42" biggest walleye was 27". The fishery seems to be healthy lots of smaller pike and walleye. Best baits were jig with a double white twister tail and red and white daredevil. The water level was 3 feet low so we could not get into Elliot Lake that seems like it would be a great place for large pike. Good Luck you will have a great time its a very well run operation.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Minnow

I too am headed to Hidden Lake Outpost in early June. First time on a fly in, but an avid lifetime angler. Looking for any information on the outpost! Would trade some large custom pike flies for someone willing to visit with me on the phone who has been there recently. Will give a detailed update when we return. Thank you

Simpleton