Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
All Canada Shows - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Wallhanger

Default All Canada Shows

Greetings,

I checked the website for the All Canada Show series and realized that the show in Green Bay, WI is just over three weeks away. I'm not sure, but believe the show in the Chicago area is the previous week.

I like to attend these shows to visit with my friends, reminisce about past trips and dream of future trips. Will you be taking in any of these All Canada Shows? If so, what might you be looking to achieve at the show?

Good fishing and tight lines!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Wallhanger

We'll be at the Green Bay show on Sat, 1/20. My main reason for going is to visit with our friends from the lodge we go to each June. Last year, we booked a room for the night, and we all had dinner and drinks after the show closed. We sat in on a couple seminars, picked up a few tips from Pete Maina, and my wife learned some baitcasting tips from Jim Crowley. We had a great time.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Wallhanger

I'll be at the Peasant Run show all weekend in the Birch Dale Lodge booth. Stop by and say hi.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

I'm doing Chicago and Green Bay both...
Old 12-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Wallhanger

I'll be at the Chicago/Pheasant Run show on Sunday 1/14. Great way to break up the winter blues and check out some camps.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Wallhanger

Default All Canada Shows

Last time I went was like 10 years ago. My buddy and I went to look for a lodge in the NWT to go to so as to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Tuned out to be an interesting trip, but now wish we would have stayed in say Ontario and went to a 4star lodge with an emphasis on guest services.
When these All Canada Shows started, we’d go every year just to walk around and visit with the owners of the lodge we were going to at the time. I had a feeling that this show was going to steal lots of lodges and customers away from the Chicago Sports Show held in Rosemont.
Guess I was right, fisherman want to talk to lodge owners and hear seminars - not be bothered by junk merchant which have nothing to do with fishing or the outdoors.
I think there are fewer All Canada Shows now than in the past, but will say these are well run and a great way to spend a few hours.

Last edited by btyreprich; 12-28-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

The previous post resonated with me!

I've been attending the Green Bay and Milwaukee shows for about twenty years. I thought the Green Bay All Canada Show was slowly dying over the course of many years, and then it finally died. The new owners of the All Canada Shows revived the shows in a very positive manner. They immediately changed venues and instilled a massive amount of energy, enthusiasm and vibrancy to this show. It is again a place that people want to be.

The Milwaukee Sentinel Sports Show seemed to be going the same direction as the old All Canada Show - at least in my perspective. There were more booths every year that had virtually nothing to do with the outdoors. I stopped going to that show several years ago and haven't missed it.

Kindest regards....
Old 12-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Wallhanger

I most certainly agree that the Milwaukee Sentinel Sport Show has really gone downhill. It's more of a flee market and and just junk. Went last year and spent 2 hours and walked out. Waste of time and money. The Madison Fishing Expo was pretty good. Good vendors, well represented, decent prices. I'd go to a All Canada show if it were more local. I go to Quebec and that area is not well represented. Fine by me as I'm not going to change camps.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Slot Fish

Default Maybe

I would definitely go if they still had the All Canada Show here in Madison / Middleton, WI.

But since I already have my 2018 trip to Canada booked, I probably will skip it, as it's probably not worth traveling 2 + hours to Green Bay or Chicago.

Instead, I will go to the Madison Fishing Expo in late February as well as "Canoecopia" show in Madison in early March, for tips and advice on how to fish more effectively from a canoe.

I might go to the Milwaukee Musky Expo, and might go to the Capitol City Muskies Inc Musky School in Waunakee in March of 2018.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Keeper

I will be at the Chicago show all weekend at the Northwinds booth. Look forward to seeing old friends at the show and get a little excited about the coming fishing season.
HB 858 dI and 858c HD