Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Too Far Forward - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 05-30-2020, 07:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
looks to me like the whole boat is on too far and over the top of the post. . getting the bow eye under the wench roller probably solves all problems. looks like it got put on the trailer in big waves and got pushed way forward. you start moving posts around changes the handling characteristic of the trailer and can be dangerous. you gotta ask yourself why now would a post need to be moved after all these years... unless it has been moved since coming from the factory. You may want to get someone(a dealer) involved who can kelp get the right weight ratio on the tongue. then you'll know its set right. that last pic looks way better.
Why not check the tongue weight before doing anything that will tell you a lot. Just because the post is where it has been at all these years does not mean it was in the right spot to start. The OP said "where it was when I bought the boat" Did you just buy it or have you owned it and now it sits wrong or has it always say like this.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 05-30-2020 at 07:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Keeper

Yes it was like that when I bought it. Has been a project boat so now that the boat is to the point of usable I’m addressing this issue. As far as I can tell this is the original trailer to the boat, previous owner had done some strange things and I have no doubt that the winch post was not in the factory location, when I adjusted it up the other day I found marks on the post where the U bolts had been previously, I put it where it appeared to be at some point and boat is now fully on the rollers. I still need to replace bow roller and winch and once I do I’ll adjust if need be. I do appreciate all the responses and input, always good to get opinions from fresh eyes.

Last edited by FISH HUNTER; 05-30-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
Why not check the tongue weight before doing anything that will tell you a lot. Just because the post is where it has been at all these years does not mean it was in the right spot to start. The OP said "where it was when I bought the boat" Did you just buy it or have you owned it and now it sits wrong or has it always say like this.
agree, to me the 2 pics look like if you get the bow eye under the front roller, it is going to push the boat back 6-9" which puts the transom back past the back roller which seems to make sense. Yes, i think you check everything if you haven been the only owner