Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hotel in Ft. Francis - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-21-2020, 11:58 AM
eyellaw@gmail.com

Default Hotel in Ft. Francis

I'm looking for a hotel in Fort Francis in late July. Group of 12+. We don't want to "rough it"
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

Copper River Inn http://www.copperriverinn.com/
or La Place Rendezvous http://rendezvoushotel.com/
Old 01-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Wallhanger

Could cross the birder and get that over with and then stay at the rendezvous hotel.nice place and good food and nice veiw of rainy lake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Wallhanger

Don't delay.

Your post prompted me to call for my reservation. I typically book the Super 8 and when I tried I found they have only a few rooms with Kings and a pullout which doesn't work for my family of 4, so I booked next door at the Copper River Inn. I've stayed at both. Of the 2, I prefer Copper because they have a better breakfast, but I always try to book the Super 8 because they're about $40 cheaper for my group, and for $40 we can make due with the standard hotel breakfast of cereal, toast and Otis Spunkmeier Muffins.

I believe the three nicest hotels in FF are the two I mentioned above and La Place Rendez-vous. I've never stayed at La Place because they don't have free breakfast and I'm a tight wad.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Slot Fish

Default Hotel in Fort Frances

Another place to check out is the Bayview Motel. People are saying it has been totally renovated. Their website doesn’t mention a free breakfast but the rooms look nice. The website shows drone footage of their location. Just a thought. Www.bayviewmotel.ca
Old 01-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Wallhanger

AmericInn on the I-Falls side, if you can get in. Decent enough rooms, great pool, and outstanding prime rib sandwich. I would call ASAP though as they are typically booked on the "typical" border crossing weekends.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:23 AM
Keeper

Thumbs up A little pampering

Another vote for Copper River Inn or La Place Rendezvous.

They both have restaurants (and bars) on-premises that are convenient after that long drive. The last thing I want to do is get back in the tow vehicle for dinner. It is also a lot easier to coordinate with larger groups. Nice to hit the room one more time after breakfast before hitting the road.

Copper River had a very good complimentary breakfast buffet - we can then skip lunch 'cause we're anxious to get to our lodge.

Last edited by Mr. Sauger; 01-23-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Wallhanger

Again.........DO NOT WAIT, make your reservation as soon as possible, these places DO fill up. I make my reservation at the Super 8 when I check out the yr before.

Also, If you are looking for a place to stay on a friday night and could get a reservation on the Ft Francis side so as to avoid crossing the border on Sat morning why wouldn't you?? I have always found it curious why guys would drive all the way to I Falls to stop short, just so they could enjoy the line on Sat morning??

Our group doesn't worry about that BTW, our camp is Fri to Fri.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Wallhanger

Does the Rendezvous have decent and safe parking for towed boats?
Old 01-26-2020, 05:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakefish View Post
Does the Rendezvous have decent and safe parking for towed boats?
Plenty of safe parking at the Rendezvous. We've stayed there three times. The rooms are average but what we like is everything is right there after a long drive from Indiana. They have a great patio overlooking Rainy Lake where you can have a drink or two, a lounge and a restaurant. The service is awesome and the blueberry pancakes are the best around. We're booked there again for our trip in August. I wouldn't delay in making reservations.

Last edited by Bstar; 01-26-2020 at 06:04 AM.