Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bobby... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Slot Fish

Default Bobby...

...is dat you?....

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...new-york-home/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2018, 04:50 AM
Wallhanger

That's a little awkward.....even for a Booby.

PjShorthorn
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRet View Post
I'm just amazed he wore a suit to court. Judge should give him 72 hours to pack his stuff and hit the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM
Slot Fish

Nice!!!!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
I'm just amazed he wore a suit to court. Judge should give him 72 hours to pack his stuff and hit the road.
He got the suit out of Dad's closet.

Seriously though, I don't get the problem with kids living with their parents, this case being an obvious exception. If you can give your kids a leg up on life by saving them a house payment/daycare and they can help you out with cost of living and the things that get get tough as you get older, why not? So long as you have a relationship that works it's a huge advantage for both of you. I know it isn't for everyone. For the people who can do it, good for you.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
He got the suit out of Dad's closet.

Seriously though, I don't get the problem with kids living with their parents, this case being an obvious exception. If you can give your kids a leg up on life by saving them a house payment/daycare and they can help you out with cost of living and the things that get get tough as you get older, why not? So long as you have a relationship that works it's a huge advantage for both of you. I know it isn't for everyone. For the people who can do it, good for you.
I stayed at home until age 24. I did mow the yard for my parents and help clean-up, also worked full-time.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
I stayed at home until age 24. I did mow the yard for my parents and help clean-up, also worked full-time.
If it was up to my parents, everyone (my family and my sibling's families) would be living with them.

Unfortunately for my parents, I could not wait to get out in the world. My mom was pissed when I joined the Marine Corps. She was over it when I finished my enlistment and then earned a college degree.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

I got out of the house at graduation as well. No military service though, thanks for yours. I have often looked back on the wasted money that would have been saved if I had waited a little longer. At that age I prob would have wasted it anyway. My family would have been good w me stocking around a few more years.

I don’t see anything wrong w kids sticking around either, but this case is a pretty large exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 12:26 PM
Wallhanger

Bad kid, worse parents.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 05-24-2018, 03:20 PM
Slot Fish

I know a few families that have two generations living the same home. In the case of two of them, I think that it is great. Their situations are that the older people hopefully will be able to live their lives out in their own home and not end up in nursing homes.

The younger people contribute to the household not only by being there to help with chores around the home and assisting the older ones when needed for their daily needs, the younger ones, unbeknownst to their parents, are the ones that are paying a huge portion of the expenses for taxes, insurance and up keep of the home.

I really admire these folks for the effort and sacrifices that they make to allow their parents to live with dignity. They tell me that their biggest concern is that the parents’ mental and physical heath will fail to the point that they will have to have twenty-four hour care and end up in a rest home.

Totally opposite situation from this thirty year old parasite in the article.