Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Get out of the left lane! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Get out of the left lane!

Thank you Indiana,,,,,

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/08/slow-drivers-left-lane-law/28703987/[/url]

HRG :driver:
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Great law but I bet it doesn't help one bit. It won't get enforced nearly enough.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=bobk;3950281]Great law but I bet it doesn't help one bit. It won't get enforced nearly enough.[/QUOTE]

How would you even enforce it... as long as you are in the act of passing, and abiding the speed limit laws, who's to say how long it takes you to move around a vehicle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

The courts are going to love that law. lol As mentioned, how do you enforce it? "Slow-pokes" in the left lane are people doing the speed limit or 5 over. It's the people wanting to break the law and speed limit by 10mph+ that are being held up. You're going to give a guy a ticket for obeying the law, because it is annoying to the law breakers behind him???? :yea-right: Would make more sense to me to start enforcing the speed limits possibly???? Ticket the people going 10-20+ over and for tailgating??? Seems like the "legal" thing to do.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Wallhanger

The last two times I went through Tennese that need to double the law!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Custom,
It's you "Michiganders" that think driving in the left lane is their God-given right. :bangin:

[url]http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/05/michigans_left_lane_hogs_have.html[/url]

I've got no problem with people who are actually in the act of passing a slower vehicle, it's the driver that enters from the right and immediately moves into the far left lane, and STAYS there.

Maybe the State Police can get their hands on some military-surplus Predator camera drones, and look for a car with 20 more stacked behind it?

HRG

Besides, with the left lane clear, it should become easier for the police to snag those speeders you mention,,,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator drone.png
Views:	227
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	158073  

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 06-09-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE]who's to say how long it takes you to move around a vehicle?[/QUOTE] The officer viewing the "hold-up". You guys need to read the press release - Here we go again with "officer discretion".......:smash:
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Wallhanger

Inconsiderate drivers are just part of the US driving mentality. Go to Europe sometime, especially Germany. When you pass there, first off, you are in the right lane, check behind you, and way behind you. If you can pass without adversely affection someone else, you put your blink on, accelerate quickly to pass, and get over. None of this it takes me 2-3 minutes to pass a car deal. And if you see a car coming in the left lane with its left blinker on, get the heck out of the way. Usually those folks are going 120-150mph. I love driving in Germany:).

Now mind you, way different speeding laws there. I think part of our issue in the US, is we are way to occupied doing things other than driving.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

I have no problem using the left lane to get around people and sometimes it will take me 2-3 minutes to do so when I'm pulling my travel trailer and trying to stay within the law doing so. Maybe they should enforce the law when people go slower then then the allowed min. speed limit. Worst thing ever is doing 65-70 and you come upon a person doing sub 45 mph and it causes backups as you try to pass as traffic is going 70-75 in the left lane. A good way to get tailgaters off you tail if pulling a trailer is to allow it to go onto the gravel shoulder and kick up some gravel. Boy they back off very quickly.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=bobk;3950281]Great law but I bet it doesn't help one bit. It won't get enforced nearly enough.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's been on the books in Minnesota for awhile and never saw anyone pulled over for it. We even have signs on the major interstates in town and no one pays attention to them.

Funny story, my grandmother was a snowbird and traveled to Texas every winter. Down there they pulled over for anyone that comes up behind them long before any of these laws were passed. Well she picked me up at school one day and we were on a two lane county road and she pulled over onto the gravel shoulder to let the guy behind us pass. As her Buick was fishtailing to get back onto asphalt she looked over to explain this is how they did it in Texas. Needless to say I kept my eye on the rearview mirror after that to know when we were going for another adventure onto the shoulder.:driver: