Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund pro v 2075 with merc 300 pro xs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-11-2021, 07:09 PM
Minnow

Default Lund pro v 2075 with merc 300 pro xs

Hey just wonder who has been running one and any thoughts on props and results. My thought always has been you need to run a few props on your boat in different kids and weather before you can zero in on what works best.

Ours is coming with is 19” merc tempest pro.

Thanks
Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Minnow

Let me Try that again....

Hey just wondering who has been running one and any thoughts on props and results. My thought always has been you need to run a few props on your boat with different loads and different waves before you can zero in on what works best and if you can find a good all around solution.

Ours is coming with is 19 inch merc tempest pro.
Thanks Bryan
Old 05-13-2021, 10:06 AM
Keeper

Hey Bryan, Mine is a 2019 2075 Pro-V with a 300 Pro XS & Active Trim+ a 9.9 pro port side kicker & jump seat options with 2 31 series AGMs & 3 deep cycle marine batters adding about 270 extra lbs to the boat: What would you like to know? I can look at the prop that Lund sent as my default next time I'm at the boat if that helps

The big motor's torque is really impressive. There's almost no bow lift at all & idle to on plane is a few seconds and I don't even notice it because of the lack of bow lift. That motor on that boat will jolt you when it's punched (super responsive). On a short punch from idle to wide open, I do not lose sight of the water in front of me, ever. Top end has been 58.5 or so, never broke 59, definitely never broke 60 with a 1/2-3/4 tank, full gear, kicker & full boat of tackle. I have 114 hours on it as of last November. if you're using it for tubing, the hole shot is equally as good, but with a bit more of a bow rise on the tube launch & that's with 250 lbs or so of kids on the tube.

The motor has a loud growl when it's idling which some guys like. Once moving you can still have a conversation by talking loudly (not nearly as quiet as a Verado though), but you can still talk to each other @the consoles.

Did you order yours with Merc's Active Trim? That took me a while to really get used to... and I still am actually

If you got it with the ski pole--- pay attention to it cuz' it'll crush the cowling if you're not paying attention. I got in to a pickle on day #1 out--- and I'm on cowling #2 now (not $2k that I really liked spending!!!)

Tempest 21 seems to ring a bell but I'll have to double check & update this post with the exact prop details

Out of curiosity, whenever you get it, could you check under your starboard gunnel & see if that's plywood reinforced? Mine does not & my gut instinct says Lund might have missed it somehow. 1 rep said "yes, it's reinforced", but a warranty claim was denied with "we don't reinforce them on 2075s"

I'll gladly answer any questions you have in the meantime. Feel free to PM me if you want

Happy fishing!!

Last edited by FinmanPoozie; 05-13-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2021, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

Lund does a lot of prop testing with Mercury and then makes a prop recommendation.
The Lund recommendation for that rig at typical low elevation is: 19 p Tempest.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:45 PM
Keeper

Crazy for me to think that my 150 merc 4 stroke spins the same prop.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Remember, you can have a Mercury 4-stroke 150hp spin a 19 pitch tempest at a given rpm, and find that the 300 hp motor spins a 19 pitch tempest at exactly the same rpm.

The difference is diameter.

The 19 pitch tempest for the 150 hp engine is much smaller in diameter with much smaller blades than the 19 pitch tempest for the 300 hp engine.

So, any time that you mention a brand and model prop and mention the pitch - you really also need to mention the diameter of the prop as well.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddybigfins View Post
Crazy for me to think that my 150 merc 4 stroke spins the same prop.
Yep... different gearing involved.

Last edited by T Mac; 05-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Remember, you can have a Mercury 4-stroke 150hp spin a 19 pitch tempest at a given rpm, and find that the 300 hp motor spins a 19 pitch tempest at exactly the same rpm.

The difference is diameter.

The 19 pitch tempest for the 150 hp engine is much smaller in diameter with much smaller blades than the 19 pitch tempest for the 300 hp engine.

So, any time that you mention a brand and model prop and mention the pitch - you really also need to mention the diameter of the prop as well.
Roger... The Merc 19 Tempest works for a lot of engines due to different gearing,and loads
Merc only makes one 19p Tempest they are all 14.625" ..(14- 5/8") diameter.

Get this.... my 115 Merc 4/s CT / on a 20 Alaskan Sport spins that same prop...that same part number... due to a gearing differences. It ends up making that 19 tempest really popular on many boats of varying sizes and engines.

Last edited by T Mac; 05-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:51 PM
Keeper

That’s good info T Mac. Very interesting
Old 05-16-2021, 08:49 PM
Keeper

Mine is a 2019 2075 Pro-V, 300 Pro XS with Active Trim & it shipped with a Merc Tempest Plus 21 pitch. I confirmed it today for you

Active Trim runs a high of 57 & change. When I'm running the trim & hit 58.5 on the dot. It's about .5 mph difference between Active Trim & me. Active Trim works great overall!!

Factors slowing me down:

-2 31 series AGM deep cycle batteries for cranking & electronics
-9.9 Pro tiller kicker
- 3 31 series deep cycle wet cell for the trolling motor
- Ultrex 110 on the bow
- ME & my covid gut!!!

Does this help at all with what you had in mind?

Happy fishing!!