Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund pro v 2075 with merc 300 pro xs - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-20-2021, 12:14 AM
Minnow

Thanks finnman, that does help.

Curious what’s the lowest cruising speed you can achieve while still on plane ? Wondering in rougher water and tighter river sections what the comfortable low end speed is.

Got the boat just rigging electronics !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2021, 08:26 AM
Keeper

On my Skeeter, when I switched from the Yamaha 3 blade, similar to a Mercury tempest, to a Mercury Bravo LT 4 blade, I had a 3 mph lower planing speed with out using my trim tabs. With my 9x12 tabs I can stay on plane down to about 14 mph. I do have a larger tab than their standard 4x12 ones that Skeeter supplies. If I remember right, when demoing one with the standard tabs, we got down to apx 17mph. These boats come with a 12" setback plate, not sure, but I would think that without a setback plate, it would be a little easier to stay on plane at lower speeds.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:15 PM
Minnow

Any other thoughts ?

Seems to top out at 53 mph with the 19” tempest… which I’m ok with, just curious of others results.

I think I’m going to get the plugs for the tempest… not a huge fan of the “surging”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 05:17 PM
Minnow

Finnman, what’s your rpm at WOT ?
Old 06-15-2021, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysbay View Post
Let me Try that again....

Hey just wondering who has been running one and any thoughts on props and results. My thought always has been you need to run a few props on your boat with different loads and different waves before you can zero in on what works best and if you can find a good all around solution.

Ours is coming with is 19 inch merc tempest pro.
Thanks Bryan
Lund runs lots of props on all the models and then makes a prop recommendation (For overall good handling and performance).I have participated in the past.
The recommendation on your rig is 19 Tempest.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysbay View Post
Any other thoughts ?

Seems to top out at 53 mph with the 19” tempest… which I’m ok with, just curious of others results.

I think I’m going to get the plugs for the tempest… not a huge fan of the “surging”
I just ran a 19p tempest plus on my comp 205 spt with 250sho. 90f day 45gal of fuel and I was getting 57-58mph at 5900-5950rpm. Compared to my enertia 18p, below 27mph, the tempest slips more on acceleration and the boat rides with higher bow. My 18p enertia runs 56-57mph. I would test enertia 18 or 19p and play with engine height. If I move motor all the way up, I can see 59-60mph but I start losing grip in large waves. Need a jackplate.