Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2022 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-14-2021, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

A long time ago, for work related reasons, my trip to LOW didn't start until mid Oct, Oct 16, to be exact. Plans on staying in a cabin were changed, so we opted to camp out. Knowing the owner and manager of Turtle Portage Camp, we were allowed to camp on their deserted grounds, which made access to the outdoor privy very appreciated.

The road trip got underway in a snow storm, my '66 Pontiac Bonneville, pulling my Thompson boat, got stuck in a Cloquet gas station, but we finally got back on the road and finally ran out of the snow.

Camping out on the lake was cold, luckily, no more snow for the week. Fishing was not as good as it would have been earlier, at that time, I hadn't gotten down my understanding of how to seasonally adapt my catching techniques. Tree coloration was beautiful, the yellows along the shore were spectacularly gorgeous.

Lots of fun, cold every day, I still remember bringing the same ice back which I started with in my small cooler. So later fishing can be done.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2021, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Friday it opens for some lucky Americans in Las Vegas who get to go to Montreal for playtime, must be nice.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
Friday it opens for some lucky Americans in Las Vegas who get to go to Montreal for playtime, must be nice.

Oh, you mean kinda like after 911 in New York when baseball resumed. Yes sports pays a part in helping people forget their troubles. Don't forget Hockey is just as important to Canadians (maybe moreso) as football is to Americans.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2021, 08:45 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Oh, you mean kinda like after 911 in New York when baseball resumed. Yes sports pays a part in helping people forget their troubles. Don't forget Hockey is just as important to Canadians (maybe moreso) as football is to Americans.

Like fishing doesn't?
Old 06-15-2021, 09:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post

Just saying making exceptions for something non essential (the world will continue without a game as it has without fishing). If it’s ok to let vaccinated sports teams in then why not apply the same rules to vaccinated tourists? They also will generate $$$$ so what makes them so essential is the question?
Old 06-15-2021, 10:03 AM
Wallhanger

I’ve taken about 12 October trips to LOTW. Fishing can be fantastic, but come prepared for everything from Indian summer to snowstorms. I was at an island camp during the October 2006 snowstorm and we couldn’t cross to go home for three days due to the weather.
Motorguide Bow Mount
Hummingbird Helix 7
Dual Pro Onboard
Bert's Rod Holders
Custom EZ Loader Trailer
Old 06-15-2021, 10:06 AM
MikeF unlogged

{{Just saying making exceptions for something non essential (the world will continue without a game as it has without fishing). If itís ok to let vaccinated sports teams in then why not apply the same rules to vaccinated tourists? They also will generate $$$$ so what makes them so essential is the question?}}

It is called picking the winners and the loosers.

Better get used to it as the idea has set precedence going forward
Old 06-15-2021, 10:33 AM
Wallhanger

Should let tourists across just like hockey teams, 23 people at a time and the next group goes after the first group comes back. Thatíll work great!
Old 06-15-2021, 11:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
Should let tourists across just like hockey teams, 23 people at a time and the next group goes after the first group comes back. Thatíll work great!
If only WC members ran the border,the old saying,we would be in like flint,months ago
Old 06-15-2021, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
And Money.......LOL🤣
I think Bieber should buy the bridge at I- falls,I think he would let us all in for free,he doesnít need the money