Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2022 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
I think Bieber should buy the bridge at I- falls,I think he would let us all in for free,he doesnít need the money

The bridge currently is for sale if you would rather invest in it then GameStop.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2021, 11:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
The bridge currently is for sale if you would rather invest in it then GameStop.
Naaaaaaa,I think Iím going to buy a turbo otter,not the four legged creature,then I can fly under the radar to cross,camo color
Old 06-15-2021, 11:47 AM
Wallhanger

Seriously, it's for sale. It was in the local paper a month ago.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2021, 12:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Maybe Iíll make a low ball offer this fall,first I want to cross it to make sure itís sturdy,if I buy it only WC members can use it,FREE,that Justin guy he will be banned for life from using it
Old 06-15-2021, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Would it not make sense for both governments to co-own the bridge? After all taxpayer dollars have paid for the highway on both sides of it. To let the crooks who currently own it charge a toll all these years has been a disgrace. What if a private person bought it and decided to plant flowers across it and close it to traffic?

I hate the toll bridge....

...by the way I have "run" the bridge twice without paying the toll, with great satisfaction. My wife has forbidden me to do that anymore.....we'll see.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:49 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Quote:
Would it not make sense for both governments to co-own the bridge? After all taxpayer dollars have paid for the highway on both sides of it. To let the crooks who currently own it charge a toll all these years has been a disgrace. What if a private person bought it and decided to plant flowers across it and close it to traffic?

I hate the toll bridge....[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/angry.gif[/IMG]

...by the way I have "run" the bridge twice without paying the toll, with great satisfaction. My wife has forbidden me to do that anymore.....we'll see.
With the way they are acting about the border if I was to own it privately I would close it and plant flowers across it just to prove a point due to the loss in revenue. Would seem like a fair move since they don’t seem to care much about lodge owners. I would still let fellow fisherman across like others suggested but the rest may just have to take the long way around.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

At the very least… We are going to get all of August and the fall to those who have been vaccinated. I’m incredibly confident of that. What we need is all of July also, and that is not looking good
Old 06-16-2021, 06:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Quote:

I hate the toll bridge....[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/angry.gif[/IMG]

The crooks probably want to sell because they're not making any money with just Limited crossing ! If they were smart they'd hang on to it , and when they do open the border (to fishermen) they could charge a ridiculous toll amount !!! $100 cars and pickups. Pickups pulling boats $125.!!!!!!!🤣🤔
Old 06-16-2021, 06:55 AM
Wallhanger

No they couldn't because their bridge starts and ends with government streets. Any gouging and the governments close down the streets and you have a walking bridge. There also was some talk of a new crossing thats government owned. The problem there would be getting the two governments to work together.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
No they couldn't because their bridge starts and ends with government streets. Any gouging and the governments close down the streets and you have a walking bridge. There also was some talk of a new crossing thats government owned. The problem there would be getting the two governments to work together.
I think they are already gouging. Why do they only accept cash....US $.? Why are you not able to buy the "card" at the toll booth? Why is the card only good for one year.? (back in the day you could buy a card which had a number of crossings, which had no expiry date) No credit cards accepted. If they want to run it as a business then make it convenient for the customer. If you show up at the booth with only a credit card you are told to go back to the US and find a cash machine. It's all [email protected]! That's my rant for the day...