Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Contour Lines on LakeMaster Chip - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 AM

Default Contour Lines on LakeMaster Chip

I have an Lowrance 520c locator and when I install my Lakemaster chip I can not get the contour lines to show up very dark. The contour lines are white and it makes it very difficult to see. I am interested to find out how to make the lines darker. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

When I use my Lakemaster chip, I set the screen to 'Night View, under the screen menu. Turns the water dark and you can then see the white contour lines.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Wallhanger

Same here, I run my gps in night viewing mode, makes it much easier to see the contour lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Minnow

I ran into the exact same thing just last weekend. I installed a new Lowrance HDS and was very disapointed in the contour line visability with the Lakemaster chip! You shouldn't have to mickey mouse around with the night mode to see the contour lines. The exact same chip looks awesome on my Lowrance H2O C. There must be some color or contrast adjustment that I can't find?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Keeper

I have the same issue on one Lake Master chip (2006 ?) that is in my 522 but with the newer one I have in the X27 they have gone to dark blue lines and the visibility is much better. Other than the night mode display I have not figured out a way to get away from the white contour lines.