Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Minnow

Default Lake Erie

Heading to lake erie saturday from nebraska, hoping to fish sun thru fri, weather isn't looking to promising as of yet, wondering if anyone had a fishing report??? will be going out of put in bay.

thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Keeper

Walleye catching 'has been' excellent off the Cans west of South Bass. (D, C, B cans) D can is just off Niagara reef.
There are also recent reports of catches East of South Bass , off the monument and between Kelleys.
800 Reef Runners and DHJ 12's have been the rule, but spinners are coming on strong. IMO the majority of the females have spawned, re-couped and have begun actively feeding.
The jig bite is also still going strong off Turtle Creek and the reefs.
Weather permitting, you should have an excellent week !

GR
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Slot Fish

Default Report

A friend of mine just got back last saturday night , they kicked butt. they are from Omaha. They were up for 8 days , fished in the D & C cans area using 800 reef runners , in clean water was running them 40 to 45 ft. back. Average fish he said was in the 7 pound range. a lot of 8 to 10's. Seen the pics !! They also stayed on the islands. Said the DNR checked all their fish getting off the fairy. For numbers & packaging. You cannot take the skin off the fillet. Good luck !!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Minnow

G8R I was there Thurs afternoon thru Sat noon by myself and it was real good. I fished right next to "D" can and up towards "C" can. All my fish seemed to come right by "D" can. DHJ's and RR for me the DHJ's caught most of the fish. Anything with blue in it was the ticket for me. Both RR's and the DHJ's. 80' back for the DHJ's and anywhere from 40-90 back for the RR's. I lost alot of fish due to the fact I was by myself and unhooking a board and keeping the line tight was an adventure. Let alone trying to net 8-10 #'s. The biggest I weighed was 9.5. Early morning was best for me by far. Since your staying on the Island's and I see they're showing North or N.East winds you should be alright. We usually do real good on the west side of S. Bass. Around Rattlesnake and Green Island. I tried by Green Island on Friday evening and had 2 nice fish on but lost them. Spinners are starting to heat up and I marked alot of nice marks down in the 20-25' range. Good Luck you guys should do good. Remember leave all the skin on your filets !!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Wallhanger

Fishing has been great. Weather/wind forecast for this coming weekend does not look promising. A cold front is expected for Saturday, with moderate winds, which could mean stout three footers, but you can usually find somewhere to hide around the islands.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Keeper

Default 4/18

fished west of Kelleys 4 hours, not a bite. Saw three other guys slow trolling like me and never saw a net go in the water.