Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Removing MOB from HDS Live - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Wallhanger

Default Removing MOB from HDS Live

I have 2 hds live units networked (NMEA and Ethernet). On my dash unit I accidently hit the +/- keys and put in a MOB waypoint - end up on both units. Read the manual and looked at a few u-tube videos on how to remove a MOB waypoint from the HDS Live but I must be missing some nuance. I highlight the MOB waypoint on my dash unit so it shows in the right panel menu on the Chart screen, then I hit delete. The system responds that navigation to the waypoint will still be active after deleting the MOB way point. I go to the Steer panel and cancel the navigation. This removed the MOB from the dash unit. The MOB is still on the bow unit. So I performed the same procedure but the MOB keeps re-creating itself as soon as I delete it. I tried the procedure with the dash unit on and with it off and it makes no difference. I can't seem to get rid of the MOB way point on the bow unit.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 11:36 AM
Wallhanger

Try disconnect the network, and then delete on each unit.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkeyes View Post
Try disconnect the network, and then delete on each unit.
same result and unfortunately the MOB is back on unit 1. It's more an annoyance then anything but you should be able to make it go away.

Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
same result and unfortunately the MOB is back on unit 1. It's more an annoyance then anything but you should be able to make it go away.

Marty
got it....forgot my Lowrance Link9 radio was still powered on with the hds units and connected via the NMEA 2000 network. The MOB was not only stored on the 2 HDS unit but in the Lowrance Link 9 vhf radio. Once i deleted the MOB on the VHF then deleting from the HDS units was a piece of cake. The VHF must have kept broadcast via the NMEA network the MOB to the hds's.

Freeken networking is great but can also give you a few more gray hairs! Big thanks to
Lowrance customer service for helping me track down the issue.

Marty
Old 10-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Wallhanger

Yes the Radio is tied into the NEMA so as to be able to send out the GPS location for an emergency, which a MOB would be that "emergency location" . I must have been distracted with a phone call when reading your post, and didn't realize you had both Ethernet and NEMA with additional connected devices when I read your post.

Last edited by ozarkeyes; 10-23-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkeyes View Post
Yes the Radio is tied into the NEMA so as to be able to send out the GPS location for an emergency, which a MOB would be that "emergency location" . I must have been distracted with a phone call when reading your post, and didn't realize you had both Ethernet and NEMA with additional connected devices when I read your post.
I didnt mention the radio in the original post. Didn't even give it a thought. Appreciate the feedback, sometimes you don't remember what you used to know....LOL

Marty
Old 10-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
I didnt mention the radio in the original post. Didn't even give it a thought. Appreciate the feedback, sometimes you don't remember what you used to know....LOL

Marty
Welcome to my world!!! Everyone does it!

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."