Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Engine and Transom. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-26-2020, 03:13 PM
Slot Fish

Default Engine and Transom.

The 90hp etec has been rebuilt. 3 new pistons and bored block. Got it back Monday evening. Shop took weeks to bore the block. then 3 weeks to get the new oil pump. Old one may have been good. But was not taking a chance on it.
Now to get the Transom replaced. Closest dealer 2 3/4hrs away is no longer a lund dealer. Second dealer is 3.5 hrs south east of me. North east of Birmingham Al.
They told me to bring it down. They would take pics and send to Lund. Then see what lund will do? Told the guy it had the lifetime warranty. It did not matter. They had to do this and see what Lund tells them. I informed him, would take the engine off the boat. Then get the hull to him. He told me they could do that. I asked if Lund would pay for them doing that? They should not sure. So I will remove it, not paying them to do that. Plus the way the transom moves. Don't care to haul the engine that 3.5 hrs down there. Would feel better without anything damaging it more.
Anyone else had this done? Would it be better to let them remove it? I have a loader and everything to do it myself. Sure be nice to use the boat before winter. But guess winter fishing it better then no fishing. Nice to have soft water year around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2020, 07:39 AM
Slot Fish

Anyone had there transom fixed under warranty? Did you have to remove all items off the transom? I have trolling plates on mine. Along with a mounting board for my traducers. Plus the engine.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Slot Fish

I had mine replaced under warranty a couple years ago. Original dealer communicated directly with lund, sent them pics, etc to get approval for replacement. They removed engine, delivered boat to lund, and reinstalled upon completion. Cant recall for sure on transducer stuff, if I did that or dealer. I think they did. I never talked with Lund. $0 cost to me for everything.

Dan

Last edited by Beer King; 08-27-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer King View Post
I had mine replaced under warranty a couple years ago. Original dealer communicated directly with lund, sent them pics, etc to get approval for replacement. They removed engine, delivered boat to lund, and reinstalled upon completion. Cant recall for sure on transducer stuff, if I did that or dealer. I think they did. I never talked with Lund. $0 cost to me for everything.

Dan

Thanks Dan.
My original dealer, is no longer in Business. As in West Tn I had to go to IN to find a dealer.
Reason I asked was the Dealer in AL could only tell me they though it was covered to remove and install it. But not sure, so told me they had no ideal on Lunds warranty.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpete View Post
The 90hp etec has been rebuilt. 3 new pistons and bored block. Got it back Monday evening. Shop took weeks to bore the block. then 3 weeks to get the new oil pump. Old one may have been good. But was not taking a chance on it.
Now to get the Transom replaced. Closest dealer 2 3/4hrs away is no longer a lund dealer. Second dealer is 3.5 hrs south east of me. North east of Birmingham Al.
They told me to bring it down. They would take pics and send to Lund. Then see what lund will do? Told the guy it had the lifetime warranty. It did not matter. They had to do this and see what Lund tells them. I informed him, would take the engine off the boat. Then get the hull to him. He told me they could do that. I asked if Lund would pay for them doing that? They should not sure. So I will remove it, not paying them to do that. Plus the way the transom moves. Don't care to haul the engine that 3.5 hrs down there. Would feel better without anything damaging it more.
Anyone else had this done? Would it be better to let them remove it? I have a loader and everything to do it myself. Sure be nice to use the boat before winter. But guess winter fishing it better then no fishing. Nice to have soft water year around here.
Pete.. The dealer has to asess and send pics to Lund on any warranty item costing over a certain dollar amount . Standard procedure.
Also.. to make preliminary repair arrangements (and transport if necessary)

Yes, normally the engines and any transom attachment to the transom are removed (and re-installed) by dealer.
Yes Lund pays the dealer for that.

The dealer probably has not had to deal with this... is why they didn't know.

Last edited by T Mac; 08-27-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:42 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Pete.. The dealer has to asess and send pics to Lund on any warranty item costing over a certain dollar amount . Standard procedure.
Also.. to make preliminary repair arrangements (and transport if necessary)

Yes, normally the engines and any transom attachment to the transom are removed (and re-installed) by dealer.
Yes Lund pays the dealer for that.

The dealer probably has not had to deal with this... is why they didn't know.

I started to ask you this question in a PM. Knowing you would have the answer. My wife is ready to kill me. She retied the end of July. We had plans to fish 3 or 4 days per week. Glad I own 2 boats, or she would be putting an add in the paper.
Wanted man with working boat. LOL
Old 08-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpete View Post
I started to ask you this question in a PM. Knowing you would have the answer. My wife is ready to kill me. She retied the end of July. We had plans to fish 3 or 4 days per week. Glad I own 2 boats, or she would be putting an add in the paper.
Wanted man with working boat. LOL
10-4... Bummer for sure.

What year is your boat (I can't remember)
Old 08-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by t mac View Post
10-4... Bummer for sure.

What year is your boat (i can't remember)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_110614.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	321190
Old 08-27-2020, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

So my 2005 Lund SS Explorer has a transom that is in the process of failing. Since it is pre 2006, I believe that it is not covered by the current company for replacement. Am I able to call up Lund and purchase one and have it shipped to me?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:04 PM
Charter Member

I believe that it is a non issue to order a new boat and have it delivered to the door of your garage if you wish. Just pay the bill.