Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
3 bank charger opinions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Wallhanger

Default 3 bank charger opinions

My buddy picked up a boat he will be adding a 80 terrova too, he needs a 3 bank charger. I have always used the factory one that came in my last couple Rangers and the Duel Pro's seem to be darn reliable at least for me.

For guys that went out and purchased a 3 bank, what model did you go with and why? How many amps per bank? any to stay away from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Keeper

Dual Pro Professional 3 Bank (15 amp per bank) has worked flawlessly for me.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Slot Fish

I've got a Dual-Pro, and a Minn-Kota on my boat. They both work fine. I like the Dual-Pro a lot better. Its much easier to see the charging rate/status.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 05:05 AM
Wallhanger

Stepped up to a dual pro 4 bank 15 amp this year and am very happy with it. I also have a simple Minn kota 2 bank on the boat that works fine too.

If you don't want to break the bank the Minn kota chargers work fine. The more amps, the quicker the charge. Walmart online has the 330d( 3 banks x 10 amps per bank) for 100 bucks less than Bass pro right now, at 229.99 which is a bargain . They are no frills chargers, plug it in, yellow light is charging, green is full.

Also want to add you couldn't pay me to use another Promariner charger. Each one i had didn't even last a season. Some may like them but from personal experience, never again.
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Wallhanger

I have been using a Minn Kota MK 345 PC for 4 seasons now. No issues, charges fast and can be set for the types of batteries that you are using, i.e. flooded lead acid, AGM, or gel. It also has an equalization mode for reconditioning your FLA batteries.

andersaki
Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Wallhanger

I'm going to push him to a dual pro I think, I have one that's 12 years old that has seen it all and it still works as it should. They do seem to cost a little more but they are repairable and I have heard great things from customer service.

He's been hounding me with questions the last few days, I keep telling him buy it once and be done with on everything you add to the boat, the best products usually cost a little more but have the best warranties and best customer service.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersaki View Post
I have been using a Minn Kota MK 345 PC for 4 seasons now. No issues, charges fast and can be set for the types of batteries that you are using, i.e. flooded lead acid, AGM, or gel. It also has an equalization mode for reconditioning your FLA batteries.

andersaki
I recently bought a MK110PC which is identical, but with one bank. What impresses me about it is it takes a long time to top off a charge from 75 to 100%. This is the absorption phase of charging and it must take a long time to charge properly, and itís a process that canít be rushed. Chargers that complete this phase quickly leave batteries under charged. Under charging not only reduces battery performance but reduces the life span of batteries.

I recently bought the 110PC after my previous MK charger was fried by lightning. I gained confidence in the charger because it charged my AGM batteries for ten years before replacing the batteries this year. Good battery life is a reflection of a good battery charger.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Minnow

Thumbs down Mkpc

I have 2 MKPC's (4 bank and 3 bank). The 4 bank has only 2 working banks and 3 bank has only 2 working banks.
Although I love my ulterra, I would no recommend the MKPC's.
I did email minn kota and they said no repair and since they are both of warranty by 4 months, I am SOL.