Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Need actual 54" shaft measurement on MK AP - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Help

Default Need actual 54" shaft measurement on MK AP

I know this seems dumb. But I hope someone can help me with an actual measurement. Picked up a new boat today with a MinnKota 54" shaft auto pilot - I thought. It looked short when I got home and I get a measurement of 48" on the shaft, though 54" from powerhead top to motor overall.

Can someone measure one for me? I live a couple of hours away from the nearest store or boat dealer or I'd do it myself. I don't want to use it monday if it's considered a 48" shaft, which I suspect. If it really is a 54, I won't sweat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2002, 07:18 AM
Keeper

Default RE: Need actual 54

I have a 50 AP Grip Glide 54" shaft I just bought a couple of months ago. The measurement from the bottom of the Grip Glide collar to the bottom of the head is 51". Hope this helps

Good Luck
Old 05-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Need actual 54

My 65 Ap-54 measures 51 inches from the bottom of the head to the top of motor, just below the grip glide. I am assuming that the shaft extends into the head 1", and into the motor 2" on the bottom to give you 54". Yours sounds a little short to me, but not short enough to be a 48. Im not sure what you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks

Default RE: Need actual 54" shaft measurement on MK AP

I'd like to know how the heck Minn Kota can call this motor a 54" shaft.