Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nakina area Lodges - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Minnow

Default Nakina area Lodges

I am going on my second trip to Kag Lake Lodge, a fly in out of Nakina in August. That said, I was wondering if there are some of you who have gone to several different lodges out of the Nakina area, such as Brace Lake and Esnagami Lake, and can compare the fishing, facilities, overall experience, etc.

I know Leuenberger's Kag Lake Lodge has nice cabins and boats/motors, with the staff being very service oriented, and the fish are generally bigger here than surrounding outpost lakes. I do the housekeeping plan which is a nice option to have for a lodge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Slot Fish

Thumbs up re

Brace lake offers house keeping also. Good cabins and boats. You can fish Meta lake also. Short boat ride. Excellent walleye and pike. They fly out of Nakina with Nakina air. Very nice couple are on premise.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:22 AM
slimshady

Default Try Ara Lake

www.aralakecamp.com

New owners of a wonderful camp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Smile Brace lake

Second Ole Joe's comment. Great facilities with young couple giving superior service. Lots of water to fish in addition of Brace Lake, Meta Lake, Ara Lake and Meta Creek.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Slot Fish

Looking at the Ara Lake Camp website, being able to fish Ara for a week for $1110.00 Canadian is a bargain. I have stayed at Meta Lake Lodge three times in the past 6 years, and always made the long run over to Ara a few times each week. Lots of walleye and some big northerns. I've never stayed at the camp, but to be able to fly in to Ara for that price looks like a very good price.
Tim
Old 02-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Minnow

Thanks for all the inputs.

Speaking of the Nakina area, does anyone have a favorite outpost camp they go to and could share some information about the fishing, cabin, boats/motors, etc.?

I've been to several Leuenberger's outposts. with favorite being Felsia for the walleye fishing on Hurst Lake (the Felsia cabin faces Hurst about 100 years away). Nice cabin, boats, motors, and nice shallow water jig fishing on Hurst in June.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Minnow

Default Ara Lake

Ara lake has best walleye fishing by far for lakes in this area. Regularly see fishermen from Meta and Brace lakes fishing here. Very good pike fishing as well. Good choice.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Slot Fish

If you want something to drive to in that area, check out lower twin lake lodge. I was there a couple of years ago early September. They charged two of us for the little cabin and then put us in their biggest for the week, shower, bath, etc. We appreciated it. Twin lakes has some good fishing for Walleye and Northerns.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1K1MOA View Post
If you want something to drive to in that area, check out lower twin lake lodge. I was there a couple of years ago early September. They charged two of us for the little cabin and then put us in their biggest for the week, shower, bath, etc. We appreciated it. Twin lakes has some good fishing for Walleye and Northerns.
Second that, John & Karin at Lower Twin are great people and run a very fine operation for very reasonable $$$.
WW
Old 03-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Default Boreal forest outfitters

This young couple is the new owner of Melchett Lake. Melchett Lake is a fish factory. Much incoming water which leads to great fishing both for "eyes" and pike. Mouth of Kap river where it enters Melchett is a place your could spend the entire day and never run out of fish. Many other spots. It is about a 30 minute flight out of Nakina. PM me and I can give you more info. Onetimedave@gmail.com