Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Weber Smokefire pellet grill - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Wallhanger

Default Weber Smokefire pellet grill

Anyone else see the videos of this pellet grill? Looks pretty amazing. Should be as the price tag is $1000....but to be able to smoke at 200 and be able to do steaks at 600 on a pellet grill is a first that I have heard from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 02:28 AM
Wallhanger

It does look like an awesome grill. Do pellet grills produce enough smoke to really put a good smoke on meat? Would love to be able to try one out , would be nice if Weber did a demo day with this grill at retailers. I'd surely check it out
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 11-23-2019, 04:54 AM
Keeper

Here’s a review.....

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...e-pellet-grill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 05:47 PM
Wallhanger

pellet grills do smoke well. I currently have a GMG Daniel boone. Before this I used a weber smokey mountain (charcoal and wood ) and had an electric masterbuilt smoker. I use neither now. If I want more smoke I just put in stronger pellets or smoke a little cooler temp. I never thought last year when I bought my Boone I would use it so much. They are amazing and super easy to use. Of my grills.....weber 670, weber smokey mountain, weber kettle, electric smoker, weber genesis, napoleon and green mountain boone……..if I had to choose 1....it would be the boone. Does ALMOST everything perfectly. Searing steaks perfectly is the downfall....I reverse sear and it turns out great but takes 2-3 times as long as the weber gasser.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Wallhanger

This is very interesting. It has some very nice features. I own 2 pitboss pellet grills. I have a 700fb and a tailgater. I have had the 700fb for over 2 years without any issues. The tailgater is around 1 year old. They have both been great to smoke, bake or grill on. I have $700 invested into the 2 grills. Not sure if I could spend $1000+ on one of these. I can sear steaks just fine on a pitboss with the flame broiler plate open.

I also saw that masterbuilt is coming out with it's gravity series. The gravity series will be similar to a pellet grill but will run on charcoal. I have thought about buying one when they come out but pitboss is coming out with something new this year as well. There are no pictures out yet.
https://www.masterbuilt.com/pages/gravity-series-560
Old 11-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

My Yoder can sear steaks easily, but you have to change around some of the grates, takes about 1- 2 minutes but it is dirty of course handling the greasy grate.

I also have a Pellet Pro that has been trouble free, I have a Genesis, a Ducane 6 burner, a 40" master built electric and two weber kettles, oh and a Nextgrill for tailgating or in the motohome.

I will use either pellet grill as first choice. Yes they do provide plenty smoke, but once in a while I will supplement with the A maze N smoker tube in any of the above grills.

https://www.amazon.com/MAZE-N-Pellet...-garden&sr=1-3
Old 11-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Wallhanger

that masterbuilt is interesting. Is the Yoder worth the $$$. They look well made. Never cooked on one but have seen a few around here.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2catch1 View Post
that masterbuilt is interesting. Is the Yoder worth the $$$. They look well made. Never cooked on one but have seen a few around here.
It is very well built, weighs something like 350#, the build quality blows away the China grills like Treager, Pellet Pro, Pit Boss, Green Mountain etc. I've been around them all. Heavier metal, great welds and paint.

That said, I think you can buy 2 cheap ones for the amount one costs. And they all do the same thing in the end.

I've called Yoder and spoke with them directly, instantly and got excellent service and support, not sure about any other company.

I might buy a less expensive one I guess. I have no buyers remorse, seeing I didn't pay for my Yoder. So I also don't think it is the best because I paid so much for it.

But if you want the "best" you have to pay, I'd also look at Memphis, Rec Tec and others.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:11 PM
Wallhanger

Friend has a rec tec and has had heating elements go out already and it gets used like 4xs a year. I have a GMG Daniel boone. Love it so far and does everything BUT hot fast searing. Looked at yoder last week at my local dealer, they carry Memphis, yoder and gmg….anyhow I thought the yoder was amazingly built. The only thing gmg does better is there heat control and wifi stuff....according to the dealer anyhow. May upgrade sooner than later just to try something new.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Minnow

I have had a Cookshack Fast Eddie's PG1000 for 5 years and wouldn't have anything else. I bought a second one for my lake house. It works outstanding for whatever you want to cook from steaks, to pizzas, turkeys, breads, smoking briskets or fish. It also has the ability to cold smoke items like cheese and fish like Lox.

I cook one of my turkey every holiday on it and have used it for everything listed above.

It's stainless steel with double wall insulated construction so it works great in the middle of winter.

https://cookshack.com/collections/re...0-pellet-grill