Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing Partner - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 06-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Slot Fish

Default Fishing Partner

Are you looking for a fishing partner that is willing to share his knowledge of walleye fishing? I can spend one or two weeks this year (July 15-22 and July 22-30) with an enthusiastic novice at the American Plan lodge on my favorite Canadian lake. This unique "boat-in" lake is about one hour north of North Bay, Ontario. A couple years ago I guided on this lake for a season so I know it extremely well. There is very little pressure on this lake and it is mostly all catch and release. The walleye fishing is outstanding which makes it a great place to learn while at the same time catching a bunch of walleye. NPAA#1000 Email me for details with "Fishing Partner" in the subject line. [email protected] dot com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadave View Post
Are you looking for a fishing partner that is willing to share his knowledge of walleye fishing? I can spend one or two weeks this year (July 15-22 and July 22-30) with an enthusiastic novice at the American Plan lodge on my favorite Canadian lake. This unique "boat-in" lake is about one hour north of North Bay, Ontario. A couple years ago I guided on this lake for a season so I know it extremely well. There is very little pressure on this lake and it is mostly all catch and release. The walleye fishing is outstanding which makes it a great place to learn while at the same time catching a bunch of walleye. NPAA#1000 Email me for details with "Fishing Partner" in the subject line. [email protected] dot com
What a great opportunity, that would be great. I see your in north carolina. Do you fish lake fontana or james for walleye? Maybe i could trade you a weekend of crappie fishing on lake wateree sc for a trip of fishing walleye in nc. You can check out my videos on youtube the channel is justahobbyoutdoors. Thank you. Tim
Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Slot Fish

Thank you for the response, I appreciate the offer. I don't do any walleye fishing in NC because this state doesn't support walleye populations in our state lakes very well. Unfortunately these lakes have also become so populated that they are more aggravating than fun to fish. My fishing in NC is usually near the Sounds for speckled trout, red drum and flounder.

In the past five years I have been walleye fishing in Canada, Turtle Flambeau in WI and Greers Ferry in AR. Because of my current business I have limited time to fish so I try to make the best of it by traveling to my favorite fishing locations.

The reason I mentioned my favorite Canadian lake is because I guided there for a season and found it to be a perfect place to teach walleye feeding habits and locations. It is not unusual to catch 30 or more walleye over 24" per week there. So it's really just a guided fish catching vacation for someone eager to learn how they can become more successful finding and catching walleye. I only have a couple weeks available this season so let me know if you run into anyone that's interested.

Here is a walleye article I wrote you might have an interest in.
http://www.thefishingblitz.com/AA-jo...tch-ratio.html

http://www.thefishingblitz.com/image...ch-walleye.jpg

The interesting thing is that I have also found that my light tackle walleye techniques work incredibly well for hybrid stripers too.
http://www.thefishingblitz.com/images/david-hybrid.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 04:32 AM
Keeper

Got you, ive been wanting to give it a try, otherwise dale hollow lake in th was good for walleye and is a 7 hour drive for me. I have the same problem you have, just trying to find walleye closer to me on weekends withiut using vacation.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Slot Fish

Finding some walleye fishing in NC and SC is difficult but not impossible. There are walleye in lakes like Gaston, James and Fontana but the heavy weekend pleasure boat traffic dictates when and how you can fish for them. I get way too frustrated when I'm sitting on a good spot waiting for dusk while rocking and rolling all evening from the constant parade of pontoon boats and jet skis. The other problem is that whenever you find walleye in the south it is risky to eat them because of all the warnings about PCBs and mercury. I'm going to keep looking for a good place but I don't hold out much hope. Personally I wish NC DNR would start stocking hybrids in more lakes.

One of these days I'll probably give Dale Hollow a shot. I have been hesitating because from what I read recently it is far more productive for trollers and that's not my thing. I trolled offshore for 30 years and I had my fill of it.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadave View Post
Finding some walleye fishing in NC and SC is difficult but not impossible. There are walleye in lakes like Gaston, James and Fontana but the heavy weekend pleasure boat traffic dictates when and how you can fish for them. I get way too frustrated when I'm sitting on a good spot waiting for dusk while rocking and rolling all evening from the constant parade of pontoon boats and jet skis. The other problem is that whenever you find walleye in the south it is risky to eat them because of all the warnings about PCBs and mercury. I'm going to keep looking for a good place but I don't hold out much hope. Personally I wish NC DNR would start stocking hybrids in more lakes.

One of these days I'll probably give Dale Hollow a shot. I have been hesitating because from what I read recently it is far more productive for trollers and that's not my thing. I trolled offshore for 30 years and I had my fill of it.
30 years experience? You would do very well at dale hollow then. Hybds are fun to catch, plenty of them in the lakes down here. Still undecided if i will go back to mn or tn in september. Will depend on if a nice used boat comes up for sale in that time frame and my coworker buys my boat.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Slot Fish

The 30 years of trolling was when I lived on the coast. I offshore fished for pelagics. That's trolling for long boring hours punctuated by total chaos for a few minutes when you find a school.