Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
fishing spanish river - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Minnow

Default fishing spanish river

I am going to fish the Spanish River for the first time ever. I am from Hamilton, Ontario, and I am an avid Bass and Pike fisherman. I know the Spanish River is renownd for its Walleye fishing. Can someone give me some tips on lures to use? What the structure is like? Depths in the river? Any hot spots on the river. We are going to be staying at the Blue Heron Lodge. Could someone give me any information to make this a trip of a lifetime. We are mainly going for the Smallmouth, Walleye and Pike and hope to hook into a Musky.

Thanks Dean
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Minnow

Default spanish river

Haven't fished the spanish for a few years now, but hope I can be of some help. The best time to fish the Spanish River is in the spring when the walleyes are coming back down stream after they have spawned. The first deep hole bend is popular with the eye's holding tight to the bottom out of the current. I have trolled up current with boards and have done well on larger fish. Timing is critical, if the spawn is late fishing can be tuff. The spanish empties into the far eastern side of the north channel. I haven't fished for smallies or muskies there, but I imagine casting twister tails and jigs up on the rocking shorelines against the islands near the mouth of the river should produce. Good perch fishing do south but watch out for the commercial nets. Good fishing!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Keeper

Default Spanish river

I have fished a few tournaments there in the spring and I have done well. The easiest place to fish is at the Espanola bridge. That hole holds a lot of fish. I would be careful on that river. The last 2 years the tournaments have been canceled due to low water. So far no snow this year so it may be low again this year. If you have anthing bigger than a 16 foot boat you may not be able to lauch it if the water is low. Call the lodge and confirm with them. Also that river is full of shoals and if the water is low, it can be bad. Good luck.

Jason Doyon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Minnow

Good perch fishing do south but watch out for the commercial nets. Good fishing!
ผลบอล
Old 11-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Minnow

Good perch fishing do south but
GclubSbobet