Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
La Crosse Miss info - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-25-2000, 06:06 AM
Slot Fish

Default La Crosse Miss info

Will be in the La Crosse area next week. I would appreciate any tips on where to fish on the Miss. for eyes and smallies. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2000, 10:51 PM
Bill Lodi

Default RE: La Crosse Miss info

Hello, I am also going up to the Mississippi River this weekend the(27th.-30th.).I can tell you that the fishing is pretty good right now for both Walleyes and Smallies. Are you going to be launching on the Minnesota side? By LaCrescent. I'm sure you probably are. Then try for Smallies about 100' out from the launch, in the slack water. Throw a Lindy Rig with a large fathead minnow. Last year at this same time we caught between 3 guys, over 90 Smallies in about 4 hours there!!! And they were between 14"-20".If you want walleyes go straight across the river from there and fish near the float, you will see it don't worry. Also just downstream of the float (maybe 70yds) there are a series of wing dams these can be really hot right now for walleyes. Make sure you have PLENTY of Bait,because the crappies and whitebass are in also..If you would like more info, Please check out my webpage on:
www.fish-wisconsin.com , then go to "Professional Tips", then to "Bill Lodi's Outdoor Report" and email me from there. or email me at:[email protected] Good Luck, and maybe I'll see you there!! I have a blue & white Smoker Craft Pro Mag..Bill Lodi
Old 04-26-2000, 04:53 AM
Slot Fish

Default RE: La Crosse Miss info

thanks Bill. i will look for your report on Monday or Tuesday as I will not be going to the river untill the middle of next week. Good luck with the gobblers - I got mine in Iowa.