Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
RCL TOURNAMENT LA CROSSE - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-07-2001, 01:15 AM
Minnow

Default RCL TOURNAMENT LA CROSSE

If i could help iam from the area and would suggest get to know the goose island backwaters like the back of your hand you could easily spend 4days alone just in goose lsland area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2001, 05:26 AM
Juls_WI

Default RE: RCL TOURNAMENT LA CROSSE

What makes the Goose Island backwaters so inviting? What'cha hiding back there? Do you have to get to know the whole area, or can you narrow it down a little for the Pros fishing it, (a few might see your message here). Just asking, since you seem like your in a good mood today, and want to share some information. And, I'm just sitting here wondering about it..;-)

I have never fished there, and won't have the chance to this time either, but I would like to know what the fishing is like there, and what some of the better presentations that work there are.

Feel like sharing more?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Juls
Old 07-09-2001, 08:32 AM
Mountain Man

Hi Juls,
Goose Island area is basicly a bunch of islands(mostly small) surrounded by water. It is alot like fishing a small river with equally small back water and all the usual things being the same. High or low flow,high or low water, inside or outside etc.
I'm guiding and fishing the whole pool and 7& 9 and have to say there are probably 40+ locations that are holding good numbers and a few large fish, but they are changing daily. Only problem I have with most of Goose Island area is floating and growing weeds. When the water is high like it has been the weeds try to grow to the surface and when the water goes down they either become prop Sushi or lay down in the new confined area and really cause a mess. Lawrence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2001, 03:07 PM
Juls_Wi

Thank you very much for the information Lawrence. I appreciate it..;-)

Juls
Old 07-11-2001, 12:33 PM
lrn001

Juls please email me need to talk to you Larry Neau [email protected] thanks Larry
Old 07-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Dibida

The Rcl in LA Crosse is cancel..
Hope this helps..
Cya in Sault Ste. Marie
Dale Kuklinski