Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
L.O.W. in/around Morson area - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Slot Fish

I have stayed with Miike and Ann at Red Wing Lodge for over 20 years. It is a drive to. If I was going to boat in I would have to go out and stay at Jared's, Obabikon Lodge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy View Post
Could you guys tell me the best place to stay in this area? We would want a drive to place that is not too far from the decent fishing spots. Also a place you can stay out of the wind for fishing and protected dock at the camp.

It all depends on the type of trip you're looking for. There's a lot of great resorts in the area. If you're looking American plan, house keeping, just walleye, guides available, island camp or mainland....

The awesome thing is there are great resorts out of morson that will fit everyone's needs/budget.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:42 AM
Keeper

Default Lotw

We just got back from fishing at Amasons Obabikon. We fished the Miles Bay area, and fished the wind blown shorelines and found that the most turbulent shorelines produced the best. We threw red rattle traps 1/2 oz - 3/4 oz, fishing the shorelines. We caught walleye all week long doing this. A few on crankbaits too. Access to nearby deep water produced the best, as did the chunck rock and boulder shorelines. Everything we caught was coughing up crawdads. Casting the baits out, pumping during the retrieve, letting it fall and varying your retrieve worked best. And throwing it on braid was a must, it was easier to detect bites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 06:47 AM
Minnow

We are looking for a drive to housekeeping camp. We would bring our own boat and fish on our own. Looking for clean cabins, with full bath and kitchen. Protected docks and close to spots to fish for Walleye.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Default L.O.W. in/around Morson area

Red Wing Lodge. Great docks and fishing close to camp. We are there right now and the walleye fishing has been really good and I am not a great walleye guy.

Frank
Old 07-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Minnow

Miley's and Buena Vista are nice places as well. Very easy drive to fish camps. We have stayed at Buena Vista a number of times in different cabins and all the cabins that we rented have been clean and comfortable. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for one second.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy View Post
Could you guys tell me the best place to stay in this area? We would want a drive to place that is not too far from the decent fishing spots. Also a place you can stay out of the wind for fishing and protected dock at the camp.
Red Wing Lodge and Resort @ Morson. Smaller resort with great owners.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Wallhanger

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three main ones. Mylies, Red Wing, and Buena Vista all have their own positives.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Minnow

Hey Obabikon, fair warning. We're heading your way tomorrow after work. Can't wait to put a line in the water and get after some walleye.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyeguy3 View Post
Hey Obabikon, fair warning. We're heading your way tomorrow after work. Can't wait to put a line in the water and get after some walleye.
See you soon.