Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lac seul report - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-17-2019, 06:11 AM
Minnow

Default lac seul report

looking for a recent fishing report for the west side of lac seul. not looking for spots just looking for info on bite and depths heading up in two weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

I've got one week to go. Seems like less reports this year.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

In camp near Hudson right now. Fishing about normal to slightly less than past years

Storms last night slowed things down a little this morning. Today everyone chased off the water a few hours ago, but it appears there is a couple hour window before the next storm so most went back out.

Fishing is slower than same camp a month ago with numbers about the same, but size down. Fishing slower than last year for us, but we are only day two of seven days into the trip.

Jig bite better than trolling right now. That will change day to day. Minnows working well with crawlers a close second. Plastics on jigs dismal. Trolling plastics on spinners catching larger, but fewer fish.

Fish are in general found deeper, but still catch-able. Many times seeing a sterile screen, but catching fish who are there, but buried in the bottom.

Pooch

More as the week goes on.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 09:39 PM
Minnow

I'm headed up Friday ..will be fishing nw side of lac seul starting around noon on Saturday. Have a guide hired for Sunday.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Minnow

We pounded the crappies around Taylor’s island last week. Bout 16’ down on the weed edges. Walleyes were after pink and white jigs tipped with a live crawler

Found the eyes drifting just off the weed edges.

Houseboats were struggling as they couldn’t handle
The big water in the little boats
Old 08-18-2019, 06:48 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1980 View Post
We pounded the crappies around Taylorís island last week.
"crappies"?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
"crappies"?
I was going to ask the same thing Skywagon. I know there are crappies in Dryden, but never heard of anyone catching them on Lac Seul or any other lake in the Sioux Lookout area.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecatcher1 View Post
I was going to ask the same thing Skywagon. I know there are crappies in Dryden, but never heard of anyone catching them on Lac Seul or any other lake in the Sioux Lookout area.

I understand there is one small lake near Sioux Lookout that has some crappie, hopefully some misguided soul has not put any in Lac Seul.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
I understand there is one small lake near Sioux Lookout that has some crappie, hopefully some misguided soul has not put any in Lac Seul.
Now that you mentioned it the resort owner where I used to stay told me about 8 years ago that someone put crappies in a lake up there. I don't know which lake though. Do you know which one it is Skywagon?
Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Sawbill off of 502 has crappie in it. Big crappie!! Buddies fished it four years ago.
Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."