Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Let's hear Perrault Lake updates - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Keeper

Default Let's hear Perrault Lake updates

Perrault Lake people, let's hear your updates on this post. Heading up on the 7th of June and July 5th. Can't wait to hear some reports!! (Water temps, is the water high, low, average, etc. etc.)

Thanks, Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

I just returned from the Red Lake area. I stopped at the wayside on the west end of Perrault Lake - along Hwy 105.

The lake level was up from last year. Having said this, the lake could still use some more water. I chatted with some anglers that were on Perrault Lake last week. They reported good success in Ord River, which suggests to me that there is enough current to keep the walleyes in the river.

Even though ice-out was "near normal" (whatever that is), the spring weather thus far has been remarkably cool in Sunset Country. Water temperatures were running 48-52 degrees on the lakes that I was fishing - definitely cooler than the last several years.

BearFvr: I hope that you and your son make some great memories together on your upcoming trips!

Good fishing and tight lines!!
Old 05-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Keeper

Thank you BTF, always great to hear from you!!

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Keeper

Very productive year. Found walleye in 6-14 feet of water. We actually didn't notice a "morning" or "evening" bite,...it was a solid bite ALL day long. When an area slowed, we moved on to another spot that they were biting. Live bait prevailed over anything else. We caught lots of eaters, lots of 20-22 inchers, and quite a few around the 25in mark. My son had the biggest, 25.5. He caught a couple muskies that were around the 38in mark. Most fish were caught in wind blown spots, not all, but most. We went lite this time, lighter line, lighter jigs, etc. Got another trip in July, I'm sure it's gonna be a little harder for us, but after this trip we feel pretty confident.

Thanks to all who help people like me who need help!!!!!

Chuck
Old 06-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfvr13 View Post
Very productive year. Found walleye in 6-14 feet of water. We actually didn't notice a "morning" or "evening" bite,...it was a solid bite ALL day long. When an area slowed, we moved on to another spot that they were biting. Live bait prevailed over anything else. We caught lots of eaters, lots of 20-22 inchers, and quite a few around the 25in mark. My son had the biggest, 25.5. He caught a couple muskies that were around the 38in mark. Most fish were caught in wind blown spots, not all, but most. We went lite this time, lighter line, lighter jigs, etc. Got another trip in July, I'm sure it's gonna be a little harder for us, but after this trip we feel pretty confident.

Thanks to all who help people like me who need help!!!!!

Chuck
Nice work! We head up on Saturday. After reading Borntofish’s book, I will definitely being going lighter as well.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Keeper

I forgot to add about the road construction,......no problems or delays on any highway in Canada,......however,....coming back to the USA was a 1hr and 27min wait to get back across!! I've seen a long line before, but never this long!! (Lost my passport in the lake, was hoping the US wouldn't let me back in!!!!!!)
Old 06-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Keeper

Quote:
I forgot to add about the road construction,......no problems or delays on any highway in Canada,......however,....coming back to the USA was a 1hr and 27min wait to get back across!! I've seen a long line before, but never this long!! (Lost my passport in the lake, was hoping the US wouldn't let me back in!!!!!!)
Wow, never seen it bat long coming back.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Slot Fish

Default Border

It was over an hour at 11 am on Saturday June 8th.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILScott View Post
It was over an hour at 11 am on Saturday June 8th.
We watched people running out of their vehicles and heading into McDonalds and other businesses just to relieve themselves!! The lady at the border asked how long we have waited, I told her and she said that's crazy!
Old 06-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Keeper

Quote:
I'm assuming International Falls???