Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
USPS does it again - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
There were a bunch of earlier posts that spoke of animals and being bitten by such animals as they did their delivery jobs.

Many years ago, when I was a paper boy, I had a very big route that I delivered to, on my little motor scooter. When I first started deliveries, I would get harried by dogs from time to time. Some a little issue, some much more severe.

As a result of that, I began to carry a loaded squirt gun that was loaded with pure ammonia.
Any time that a dog came for me, I would take out the squirt gun and aim for the face of the dog. Normally being hit in the face once by the ammonia was enough of a lesson for these animals so the next time that I came for deliveries, the animals would run in the opposite direction.

However, I suppose that today there would be animal rights getting on my case because I was protecting myself against the aggressive animals. If that were to have happened then, I would have simply said, that I was simply protecting myself against the unleashed animals.

Suffice to say, ammonia in the face of an attacker tends to really slow down the attack.

Take care
Forget about the animal rights people, I would kick your a$$ up and down the driveway and then let Tundra take a bite out of that a$$...... Peace
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
There were a bunch of earlier posts that spoke of animals and being bitten by such animals as they did their delivery jobs.

Many years ago, when I was a paper boy, I had a very big route that I delivered to, on my little motor scooter. When I first started deliveries, I would get harried by dogs from time to time. Some a little issue, some much more severe.

As a result of that, I began to carry a loaded squirt gun that was loaded with pure ammonia.
Any time that a dog came for me, I would take out the squirt gun and aim for the face of the dog. Normally being hit in the face once by the ammonia was enough of a lesson for these animals so the next time that I came for deliveries, the animals would run in the opposite direction.

However, I suppose that today there would be animal rights getting on my case because I was protecting myself against the aggressive animals. If that were to have happened then, I would have simply said, that I was simply protecting myself against the unleashed animals.

Suffice to say, ammonia in the face of an attacker tends to really slow down the attack.

Take care
REW,
No doubt you were aware that ammonia can cause permanent blindness.

Rinse your eyes with water as soon as possible to flush away the ammonia in your eyes. Every minute counts at this moment. You should wash the fluid away before it penetrates your cornea. Ammonia can be extremely dangerous to eyes, because it can cause permanent blindness by penetrating the cornea into other tissues in the eyes.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Forget about the animal rights people, I would kick your a$$ up and down the driveway and then let Tundra take a bite out of that a$$...... Peace
Put a leash on that puppy. Problem solved before it begins.

Just curious, why did you name her Tundra (no doubt she's a little girl)? Does she have to stop for more scooby snacks all the time when you walk her? Is she slow? Is she ugly? Granted I'm sure she doesn't need many trips to the Vet, which is cool. But I wonder if her fur is falling out all over the place.

Last edited by Derwood; 11-20-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Put a leash on that puppy. Problem solved before it begins.

Just curious, why did you name her Tundra (no doubt she's a little girl)? Does she have to stop for more scooby snacks all the time when you walk her? Is she slow? Is she ugly? Granted I'm sure she doesn't need many trips to the Vet, which is cool. But I wonder if her fur is falling out all over the place.
She was name after my truck because I wanted a Good Looking Big Strong and Dependable Lab to not only retrieve ducks but also to protect the ranch and my family. She has filled those all those needs for the last 8.5 years.... After much research and lots searching I was lucky enoung to find her in Pittsburgh, PA. . . . she is extremely intelligent with the best nose I have ever seen on a dog.

If I ever get another larger Lab I will call him IGOR and then maybe even a larger Chesapeake Bay Retriever called GODZILLA . . . . of course Tundra will be in charge. . . . LOL . . . but no other puppy can replace Tundra "The Queen of Labrador". . . if your a dog person you know what I mean . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tundraat10monthsold001.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	313868  
Old 11-21-2019, 06:19 AM
Wallhanger

Yep! I am a dog person for sure (had a thread on here about getting my dog thru Diabetes- REW told me to out him down right when I posted - and my pooch had 2 more good years before we let him go).

I was just bustin' your chops. But in my defense Bobby, she is kind of a RUST color lol!!!
Old 11-21-2019, 06:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Yep! I am a dog person for sure (had a thread on here about getting my dog thru Diabetes- REW told me to out him down right when I posted - and my pooch had 2 more good years before we let him go).

I was just bustin' your chops. But in my defense Bobby, she is kind of a RUST color lol!!!
Not sure what you mean when you say "to out him down" ? ? ?

So Tundra's a kind of RUST color......meaning I should of called her "Chevy" . . . LOL

BTW sorry to hear that you lost your puppy dog. They are family that non dog lovers will never understand.

Bob
Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Wallhanger

"PUT him down" ..... type-o on my part. Sorry!

Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I felt awful the day before we did it, and all that next day. We gave him a little extra medicine to keep him comfortable - which meant he was running around a lot more, etc. He got a lot of extra "people food" that day too He was happy!! Feeling good!!! and then we took him in and put him down... there was just a touch of second guessing during those hours. Our Vet is a family friend and assured us it was the time. So, now he's in our front yard, under his favorite maple tree, where he used to lay for hours on end. A nice little stone rests on top of him

Someone told me that letting your pooch go when it's time is your last act of kindness towards him. I take a little solace in knowing that

Last edited by Derwood; 11-21-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

He sounds like he was very special...........what kind of dog was he and more importantly what was his name.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:41 AM
Wallhanger

The orange one (Rust color lol) is the one we let go. His name was Cheeto (because when we first got him, he would steal my kid's Cheetos!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusty and Cheeto.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	313882  
Old 11-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
And why would anyone want gov't taking over health care?
Amen brother.