Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat Guides - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-23-2020, 02:56 PM
Wallhanger

Those brackets in REW post look like the flimsy ones I had. That why I had to build my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2020, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

Hawg,
If you look at the video, you get a much better picture of the size and bulk of the guides.

Plenty tough enough to hold up to anything that I have ever subjected the guides to. No issues with any bending at all.

Take care

https://www.etrailer.com/comparison.aspx?pc=FBGR200101&pc2=CE27610[/url
Old 08-24-2020, 08:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndstallmann View Post
Those brackets in REW post look like the flimsy ones I had. That why I had to build my own.
My brother-in-law had those too. To keep them from vibrating off the trailer we had to double ny-loc nut them with Loctite added. Then the clamping straps bent so those had to be replaced with thicker material from Coremark Steel. They are not one of etrailers better offerings.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:55 AM
Wallhanger

The Roller style ones MikeF linked look tough but they are the only ones that do and the price is crazy. I think the rotating pad is overkill And would prefer rollers. Welding decent square stick together for brackets can't be that tough or expensive.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:50 AM
Slot Fish

I have the Veve Post guides. Very sturdy, have never bent under some strong sidewind conditions. AND, made in America.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing rig at Hecla June 19 2020.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	321146  
Old 09-06-2020, 04:27 PM
Minnow

Default Veve guides

I checked out their website.

Looks very sturdy, have a pair arriving this week. Installing on a shorelander trailer with 17 Lund fisherman along with caliber marine glides on new wood bunks.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Default Veve guides

Got the veve T-900 roller guides. The guides seem pretty sturdy, however the top bracket material is only 1/16 inch thick, while bottom brace is 1/4 inch thick and the bolts are only 307A rating, I was expecting a higher grade. Wish the top bracket and bolts were of better quality
Old 09-18-2020, 09:10 AM
Minnow

I had the tall Shorelander post guides. I removed them from my trailer as I found they made it more difficult to load/unload the boat. With a side wind unloading the boat I found it was very hard to not hook the trolling motor head on them. I also found they complicated unloading solo without a dock as the rope at the front of the boat has to somehow be lifted over the post.