Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Tyee GL 208 - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

Why doesn't Lund off the Tyee GL 208 in the same awesome paint scheme as the 189?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2020, 05:55 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin R View Post
The new 2019 Merc 250 & 300 are v8 natural aspiration they weigh about 100lbs less than the Verado V6 with less moving parts. My local Florida dealer showed me the new motors & explained them fully. All reports are trouble free with better speed MPG & quieter than the 2stroke optimax they replace. Now the deal is they are hard to come by months maybe a year out. They have repowered a few boats with these new motors one boat they pulled twin Yamaha F225 off replaced them with 2019 Merc 250ís Huge difference over 10 MPH top speed. He said they arenít adding power steering on these but the new Verado comes with it just like the V6 Verado.
Do you have happen to know the 2019 Mercury 250 V8 specs when rigged with the 2019 Lund 208 GL? Ie avg cruise speed/mpg/, top speed, etc. Searched every where and can not find it. How is this motor compared with 2020 motors?

Looking at this boat and a Lund 219 Pro V GL. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Why doesn't Lund off the Tyee GL 208 in the same awesome paint scheme as the 189?
Because the 208 still has the 2nd gen glass hull. The 208s didn't get an overhaul like the original 186GLs did when they upgraded those to the 3rd Gen hulls and changed the interior layout.

I for one would love to see the 208GLs updated. I'd trade in our 189GL in a heartbeat (serious case of 2 foot-itis). Only problem is the wife won't go for the upgrade unless it has the jump seats/ swim ladder/ and ski pole.

Lund if you're listening - if you build it, we will buy it!