Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye boat brands...what am I missing?? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Minnow

That's not very nice. I'm not hopeless, I'm a expert steelhead fisherman (read STS) and a rookie walleye fisherman... However you do have a point. What you don't know is that I'm currently operating out of a driftboat with a 8 horse merc and a trolling motor on the back... so really this is just a starter boat and anything would be an upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappieKyle View Post
If it is a LUND.....buy it.
you spelled "alumacraft" wrong
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallEyesOnThePrize View Post
you spelled "alumacraft" wrong
Didn't you mean "Alumacrap". J/K
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Miss Krabappel

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
I dont think nice and bargain go together. Real nice rigs like new ask good money for a reason. I did get mine for what I thought was bargain and spending all winter fixing it up and $$$$. North west guy's run North Rivers,Jetcrafts,Alumawelds I did see some sweet deals on North Rivers 150 new ones went to auction $13.500 got a new 17.5 with seats,top no motor turned out to be steal. I bet my boat I just sold for full price no less you would have salivated. Guess what it sold for 96 year. Dam after seeing these pictures I want her back! Im not hyping but I have skills YO. I also lost several boats to other buyers that's how it goes. I agree without pics of these boats it's blah keeps these posts more fun. My new boat is still in $$$$ mode I will include pic crestliner.
Too bad your skills aren't with the English language.......................................... .YO
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Wallhanger

I wanted to warn you about G3 Boats. They do not age well. I have a 05 G3 185dc. Every year it seems like I have to fix something on it. The carpeting all wore off on the corner of the console. Replaced Hinge for rod locker this year. Consoles are getting Cracks in them. It is a wet ride for as high as the sides are. I see they redesigned the hull this year. The Bear trailer is junky. The tires Mine came with Wore out in no time. They were small class C tires. They did not have enough weight carrying. After looking around I found some class D tires in that size. I see they now went to larger tires class C that have more weight Carry rating.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Slot Fish

I was in the same position. I had a small alumininum smokercraft and wanted to upgrade. There's a lot of good boats out there, but you have to be ready to jump on it right away because everyone is looking. Being the first atleast gives you the opportunity to buy it or let it go. I think that most people will sell on a first come first serve basis if you show that you're very interested. Most would also hold it if you're willing to give a good faith deposit, that you're willing to lose if you back out.

I was looking for an aluminum and ended up with a glass Ranger. Keep your options open. I too would like to echo that if you get the boat of your dreams, you will no longer have boat envy. I know I don't . Good luck on your search!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Check out some of the steel boats, as well as some of the center console and bay boats that are available in your area.

You may very well find out that these boats will really suit you better than some of the other brands you have mentioned.

Good luck
REW
Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Wallhanger

Default Just go get you new 20ft North River

And be done with it heck there only $47k
Old 05-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Default Buck Snot

You need to get Buck Snot in here to help you out. He knows everything!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Minnow

You want a "Walleye boat", and live in the NW. I live in Montana, and want a NW style boat, Hewescraft, alumaweld, or something like this style of boat. I have a walleye boat now, but am looking at getting a NW style of boat. I don't take my boat on rivers only lakes, but really like the design of the hewescraft. Seems nice to get out of the weather, and I find myself not using the front of the boat anymore. The typical walleye boat has the windshield too far back, and I find this design wasteful for my taste.

Have you considered the hewescraft. I've never fished out of one, but I'm sure the would work fine.

Has anyone fished for walleye from a boat of this style ? Hewescraft, alumaweld.

Thanks