Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Big Water Warrior Coming Soon ! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-18-2020, 07:39 PM
Wallhanger

Tough crowd.

More talk about the details of the video itself than the fact Warrior is bringing a 23í boat with a 450HP rating to the market seems kinda ridiculous.

It should be an incredible boat for fishing the Great Lakes and some of the big inland lakes.

I canít wait to see one and get some real world reports on what it can do.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2020, 09:03 PM
Charter Member

Waxy,
It wouldn't be surprising to see some of these 23 foot boats end up being used on 1,000 acre lakes. If folks have the money and want it, they will buy it and use it wherever it is convenient for them to use.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

Holy Schnickes, if I had major coin and huge balls I'd pre-order that sucker this minute, buy sadly I only have one of those things........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
Holy Schnickes, if I had major coin and huge balls I'd pre-order that sucker this minute, buy sadly I only have one of those things........

Lol. Flaunt it if you have got it.
Lowrance Elite 7ti (x2)
Pulled by 2020 Chevy Trail Boss
Old 08-19-2020, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

I'm just not sure I see the appeal in a 23-24' multi-species boat that is basically an extend version of the models they already have. I didn't see any major improvements in layout or storage. I see it could appeal to some guides and charters where they often times have 4-6 in the boat and maybe some great-lakes fishermen simply for the size. Some may remember warrior had a 23/24ft boat back in the mid 2000's if I recall, I only remember seeing one but it had 6 pedestal seats behind the windshield. Obviously at that time the market didn't support it and it was very short lived. Looking at the the top cap, I didn't spot anything that looked revolutionary outside of the nice touch of adding a step for getting in and out of the bow, or at-least that's what I hope that was. If it's a tool holder or anything similar it;s in a terrible place. There are certain boats that could use another 6 inches or foot in a certain area but I just don't see it here, at-least it doesn't appeal to myself and I have my doubts it will for most inland fisherman in the higher end multi-speicies market. The one thing I will say, I'm sure it would be awesome to have when the wind is howling, another 2ft is only going to help smooth the ride more and allow you to bridge even longer/larger waves.

BTW, I agree with others, the teaser Video is pretty terrible. There are lots of ways to use the finished boat, concept sketches, and so-forth without revealing all the details, but that was just poorly done, especially the last 1/3 of the video. As a business owner myself, If our marketing director put something out like this for our company, they'd be on a short leash and their job security would be in question.

Last edited by SLE; 08-19-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
I'm just not sure I see the appeal in a 23-24' multi-species boat that is basically an extend version of the models they already have. I didn't see any major improvements in layout or storage. I see it could appeal to some guides and charters where they often times have 4-6 in the boat and maybe some great-lakes fishermen simply for the size. Some may remember warrior had a 23/24ft boat back in the mid 2000's if I recall, I only remember seeing one but it had 6 pedestal seats behind the windshield. Obviously at that time the market didn't support it and it was very short lived. Looking at the the top cap, I didn't spot anything that looked revolutionary outside of the nice touch of adding a step for getting in and out of the bow, or at-least that's what I hope that was. If it's a tool holder or anything similar it;s in a terrible place. There are certain boats that could use another 6 inches or foot in a certain area but I just don't see it here, at-least it doesn't appeal to myself and I have my doubts it will for most inland fisherman in the higher end multi-speicies market. The one thing I will say, I'm sure it would be awesome to have when the wind is howling, another 2ft is only going to help smooth the ride more and allow you to bridge even longer/larger waves.

BTW, I agree with others, the teaser Video is pretty terrible. There are lots of ways to use the finished boat, concept sketches, and so-forth without revealing all the details, but that was just poorly done, especially the last 1/3 of the video. As a business owner myself, If our marketing director put something out like this for our company, they'd be on a short leash and their job security would be in question.

I have a family with kids, the more room the better. I was so happy that Ranger made a 22' footer.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:39 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
too much money???
Old 08-19-2020, 01:58 PM
Contrarian

Warrior as a company has always confused me. They're small enough that you hear good things when it comes to customer service. However, they're not big enough to do things on their own so their boats have a lot of commercial available, cookie cutter parts. They are very similar to YarCraft in both regards. Warrior also seems to basically do what other boat companies do. Same basic layouts and designs. Small tweaks here and there but basically all the same boat.

Having said that, this is a tough crowd. There's been plenty of negative feedback on this thread alone. A couple of years ago when YarCraft came out with a new thought on the tiller concept they were crucified.

I'd like to see one of these companies start doing things differently. Separate themselves either in design or purpose. Don't just try to out-Ranger Ranger or out-Triton Triton, etc.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:28 PM
Wallhanger

Price tag on this rig is.............?
Old 08-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
Is it made of Leggos?

I'm not sure I'd have put that "teaser" out there.
you have to have a prototype first and work out the issues before it goes in to production

Hats off to Warrior for there hard work