Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Any idea why Lund uses Shorelander? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-21-2020, 07:17 PM
Keeper

Default Any idea why Lund uses Shorelander?

Good evening walleye central friends... I have shared with you that I have a 2001 Lund Rebel that is in really good shape. I like the boat and the performance and see no advantage to getting something newer. I purchased this new and have never been fond of the trailer. The original shorelander trailer had this in line roller system with central rollers that is a real pain. I should have been suspicious of the trailer as the previous owner had installed metal plates down the center of the trailer to walk down and put the winch strap on and to crank this boat onto the trailer. So, with some help here, I converted this to a bunk trailer and it is a bit better but the boat sits awfully high on the trailer. I am now researching a new roller trailer. I have always liked roller trailers. I think the shorelander roller trailer on my 2018 Impact is easy and very solid. So, a new shorelander trailer for this 19 year old boat is about $2100. I was thinking of looking at EZ loader just to compare or get another idea. Any idea why Lund continues to use Shorelander? Just curious...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Wallhanger

BoatMate is the brand under my 2014 Lund. Bunk trailer, but it's a fiberglass boat so I don't know if you could get it for your boat. I would guess you could.

A bad trailer makes a good boat a bad boating experience.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:38 PM
Wallhanger

Maybe because Shoreland'r was willing to build a facility a block away from their plant,,,

HRG

Anyway, I put an EZ Loader under my last Lund since I prefer the torsion axle they use, that Shoreland'r doesn't offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shorelandr NYM MN.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	321552  

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 09-21-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2020, 07:42 PM
Wallhanger

For me I think ezloader and shorelander are about the same middle of the road trailers. Plenty of google posts with some people having trouble with both of them. If lund switched that would also maybe mean their dealers would have to switch their part supply’s also. If they are getting a good price from shorelander why switch everthing around. I do not see where lund would sell more boats if they came with ezloader trailers. I do really like lunds profile 2000 winch setup. It was easy to add the two speed winch to. I have a walkway on my boat also. With the roller trailer I just crank it up. I think most walleye boat company’s do not want to switch to a high end custom trailer for their boats. They here enough people complaining about the high cost of boat and motor already.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Keeper

When I ordered my Lund this spring I did not want the standard shorelnd'r. I upgraded to a Trailmaster and optioned it with C-channel, torsion axle, matching blue paint, aluminum wheels, and 2 spares. Some standards are metal fenders with diamond plate steps and Led lights. I asked for the swing away tongue but I think it is standard. I also spec'd it without lettering and pinstriping. I love this trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200612-055224_Gallery.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	321554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200612-055204_Gallery.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	321556  
Old 09-22-2020, 03:47 AM
Wallhanger

Default Any idea why Lund uses Shorelander?

Don't think I have ever seen a trailer with 2 spare tires mounted on it.
Have to say I think this to be a good idea.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Keeper

My last Trailmaster that I ordered in 2004 I ordered with 2 spares. Back then they were both mounted closer to the axle. Barring any flat tires, my plan is to runs what's on the axle until the tread is low, then put both the spares on.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:32 AM
Charter Member

I have a bunk Shorelander under my 2013 Alaskan 1600. Probably the best boat trailer and easiest loading trailer I've owned. I bought the package about 18 months old and I believe my trailer was an upgrade over the standard. It's galvanized, swing tongue and has the heavier axle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:10 AM
Wallhanger

My Impact is sitting on a Trailmaster trailer, they are great trailers and I think the Dexter hub system they put on them is the best out there.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:06 AM
Keeper

Must be going off grid to have 2 spares.

I had and have roller trailers under aluminum boats for 35 years (mostly Lunds). I recently purchased a G3 Guide V177T with bunk trailer. The bunks load so much better that I am not sure I could ever go back to roller.